discouraged

SILENTLY, all the 2A students were gathered for dinner in the common area, eating their supper quietly

SILENTLY, all the 2A students were gathered for dinner in the common area, eating their supper quietly. Everyone was in a sad mood. No one wanted to talk. No one wanted to laugh. No one wanted to do anything.

Knowing that they let their friend slip through their fingertips, when they were so close to getting her back...It left them discouraged.

Replaying in their minds, was the face y/n made when her memories came back. At first, she was relieved—happy, even, to see all her friends again. A part of her looked like she wanted to cry tears of joy and reunited with everyone again.

They could see it in her eyes.

But then, she became scared. Frightened. Like she had seen a ghost. Her period of euphoria only lasted a split second, before the panic rose in her. She was angry and humiliated to see her friends again.

She really didn't want to be around them anymore.

What they couldn't understand was why.

Well, they knew why. She didn't want to be a burden anymore. She hated that her purpose was to cause trouble, and to be helped by everyone around her 24/7. So she faked her death in hopes to find an easy way out of her situation.

But why couldn't she just...come back?

The students were scattered around the common area—some on the couches, others at the table—when Momo whispered to Jirou, "...Where's Midoriya?"

Jirou scanned the room, looking for a fluffy set of green hair, but found nothing. "...Must've not been hungry...Probably in his room..."

Momo's eyes downturned as she sat her chopsticks down on her plate. "..."

Jirou turned beside her, letting her eyebrow lift. "What's wrong? Worried about him?"

"Huh? Oh well..." She started, hugging her arms around her torso. "...He just must be having a really hard time...He...He really does care about her..."

Jirou's face fell. "...Yeah...I know..."

"And he's the one who brought her to us in the first place...He must be so...so heartbroken, knowing that she didn't like it here..." She covered her mouth and closed her eyes, her voice cracking. "...He must be blaming himself for everything...And I just feel so bad that we couldn't save her..."

A few students overheard Momo's conversation with Jirou, and instantly felt a wave of guilt take over them.

"Dammit..." Kaminari sniffed, wiping his nose as he stuffed his mouth with food. "I didn't wanna cry!"

Ochako and Mina started to sniff as well, their eyes going watery.

Soon enough, everyone was in a worse mood than before.