mother

SHE STARED AT THE GRAVESTONE with a heavily surprised expression

SHE STARED AT THE GRAVESTONE with a heavily surprised expression. Though the summer afternoon heat was scorching at her freshly awaken skin, her entire body managed to feel cold. She set down her purse, brushing the back side of her jeans and kneeling in front of the memorial.

IN LOVING MEMORY OF
HARU L/N
OCTOBER 15th 2030-MARCH 1st 2031
A BOY WHO WAS TAKEN TOO SOON

"...So it's real..." She whispered.

"He..."

"Spit it out Hawks...Tell me what happened!"

"...He passed away."

"...What? Wait a minute, how!?"

"His quirk...It was a rapid aging quirk...He died at 100..."

She stared at the photo of him that was set in the center of the gravestone, it being of Haru as a young kid. Flowers were placed beside it, and other small offerings to help the boy rest easily.

Y/n's heart began to ache. And before she knew it, she was crying quietly into her hands. "My baby!...I'm...I'm such a horrible mother!...

I was so selfish...And now that I lost you...I realize how important you were...I'm sorry I never got to properly meet you! I'm so so sorry!!!" She sobbed.

It hurt. She lost every chance she could to be helpful to her baby. To give him a happy life to remember. But now she was stuck having conversation with him through a stone that marks where he is laying, dead in the ground.

After about 15 minutes of straight crying, she managed to regain herself. She wiped her tears, and pulled out a letter from her bag. She pre-wrote it on the train on the way to the graveyard, in case what Hawks told her was true. And since it so dreadfully was, she placed her handwritten note on her son's grave.

"...Read it whenever you'd like." She murmured, setting a rock on top of it so it wouldn't fly away. "Everything I wish I could have told you when you were alive, is inside of that letter."

She then pressed the pads of 4 of her fingers against her lips, and then onto the headstone, giving her child a kiss. "...I love you, Haru...We'll meet one day...I promise."

"...Y/n?"

The girl froze, quickly turning around to see an older woman with a bouquet of spring flowers. It looked as though she was there to visit the same headstone.

Y/n examined the woman carefully, before a wave of fear flooded her mind. She shifted away on the ground, wary.

The woman noticed y/n's trauma spill into her eyes, which made her panic. "W-Wait, baby! I'm not going to hurt you!!" She gasped, dropping the flowers and waving her hands from side to side. She slowly sat onto her knees, y/n pushing herself farther and farther away, basically against Haru's headstone.

The woman took in a deep breath, remaining a calm and composed aura. "...I'm not here to hurt you...I...You grew up to be so beautiful!!"

"..." Y/n's breathing was heavy. Her skin crawled and it felt like she was going to throw up right then and there. It couldn't be real. She was supposed to be...

"Oh, I-I'm not dead! Your other mother is though...I faked my death...And ran off to live in Brazil...But a friend of yours brought me back here to help find you! Hawks!"

It's always Hawks, huh!?

"Listen, y/n...I'm...I'm so sorry! I wanted to apologize to you every time I hurt you!!! But I couldn't!!! I...Your mother manipulated me...I had no choice!!! I didn't want to hurt you, ever!!!" She began to cry, a lot at that.

Y/n could hear the raw emotion in Kisa's voice. She was genuine.

"I understand if you never want to see me again. I understand...But if you give me a chance...I want to be in your life again! I want to be a mother figure to you. I want to make up for the time we lost! You don't need to forgive me, but...

I am sorry."

Kisa cried louder and louder into her arms and hands, like she was trying to muffle her wails but it wasn't working. That's when she heard y/n start to sob, prompting her to look up with wide eyes. "Y-Y/n?"

"I-It means s-so much to m-me, to finally h-hear you say those w-w-words!!!" She cried, crawling towards her guardian.

Kisa gasped as y/n fell into her, crying into her chest. "I would love a-a mother! I w-want a mother! One th-that I'm not afraid of!!! So I-I forgive you, m-mom!" She sobbed and choked, like a baby apologizing to their mom after ignoring her because she didn't let them have dessert for dinner.

Kisa continued to cry, holding y/n tightly. "I'm so sorry baby! Let's start over, okay??"

"...Mhm!"

Mhm!"