i love you

TAMAKI SLIPPED ON HIS jogging sneakers, tying them quickly around his athletic sock-covered feet

TAMAKI SLIPPED ON HIS jogging sneakers, tying them quickly around his athletic sock-covered feet. He jumped up, grabbing a water bottle from his kitchen counter. He slipped on his headphones as upbeat energetic workout music blasted into his ears.

While he was stretching his arms over his chest, he felt his phone buzz in his back pocket. He quickly took it out from behind to read a text message from his best friend.

Mirio
Ready to get our workout on!?
Meet ya at the park! 🏋🏻

Tamaki sighed. Mirio was forcing him to jog with him every summer afternoon. Why? Not sure, but Tamaki knew if he bailed, Mirio would appear at his doorstep and drag him outside, yelling,

"You need some Vitamin SUN!! Let's go!!!"

They started this routine about a month ago, and Tamaki grew to tolerate it. Jogging helped keep his body in shape for hero work, and it took his mind off things.

He replied back with one hand, while he used the other to grab his left foot and stretch his leg behind his back.

yeah, i'll be there in 10

Nice! Let's burn some calories🤺

Mirio loved using random emojis.

Slipping his phone into his pocket again, Tamaki grabbed his thick purple plastic water bottle and headed out the apartment. As soon as he opened the front door, though,

he was met with a girl.

He stopped, nearly colliding into her. It looked like she had her fist raised to the door like she was getting ready to knock, surprised that it suddenly opened without a trace.

Both of their eyes went wide as they spoke each other's name.

"Y/n?"
"Tamaki."

He paused for a minute. His eyes measured the very top of her head to the soles of her feet, like he was determining whether she was real or not. Once he deemed he wasn't dreaming, y/n watched his eyes sparkle and his lips quiver aggressively.

"Hey Ta—GAH!!" He sentence was cut short when the young man dropped his thermos and threw himself into y/n, them both falling on the floor together.

He stuffed his face into her chest as he began to cry quietly, hugging her so tight around her waist that she though he would break her rib cage.
"T-Tamaki?" She giggled, patting his back to calm him down. "It's alright...I'm alright..."

"Y-Y-You're awake!!!" He cried, shaking his head from side to side against her warm body. "You're awake!"

She could feel him tremble underneath her. He was burning up, she could tell as she touched his back through his clothes. His tears soaked through her shirt, and the gravity of the situation seemed to have finally hit her.

Y/n's tears fell onto the back of his neck as she whimpered, her wrapping her thin arms around his head. She scratched his scalp to ease him, goosebumps forming on her arms when she felt how soft his hair felt between her fingers.

"...I'm sorry I left you, Tamaki...I'm so...I'm so sorry...I was dumb, and selfish, and never understood why people cared for me as much as they did. It didn't make sense to me, that people truly wanted what was best for me...I thought I was the only one who could save myself. So I left...But I'm back now...And I'd love to spend my time with you...To be with you..."

This only made him cry a little harder, making her heart start to beat harder from guilt.

After about a minute, he was able to speak through his tears. "...That's all...I ever wanted...from the very beginning!" He sat up and smiled, making y/n chuckle with quivering lips.

She rubbed his cheek with her hand, using her thumb to wipe away his tears. "...Tamaki?"

"Y-Yes?"

"I love you."

His face dropped with surprise, the sadness in his eyes completely vanishing. "...What?"

"...I love you. I love you so much." She whispered. "I've never been in love before, but I know that when I lost all my memories, you were the first thing I was able to remember...You were the first person I could see when my memories were trying to flood back into my head...That must mean something, right?"

Tamaki's breath was shaky as he grinned with a frown, nodding at y/n. "...Do you mean that?"

"I do."

"..." He carefully placed his hands on her face and cupped her gently, bringing her towards him. He carefully planted a single kiss on her cold lips, pulling away to make sure what he had done was okay. Once he saw y/n's eyes smile, he went in for another one. And another one. Each kiss being kind and soft, kisses that correctly conveyed his personality. After the 5th kiss, he pried himself off her, and whispered,

"I love you, y/n...And I wont let anything take you away from me...I promise this time..."

She grinned with thin lips as she tried to contain her tears, before she scoffed into a smile. "And I won't leave you, Tamaki."

"...I'm still r-really mad at you for disappearing like that...Faking your death wasn't cool..."

"I know. And I'm sorry."

"...Do that again, a-and I'll be very mad!"

"I'm sure you will, Tamaki."

He glared at her for a moment, before he felt his cheeks turn a deep red. "I-I'm sorry! I shouldn't be getting so mad at you! Y-You we're stressed and confused!! Also, sorry for kissing you! That was so sudden!!" He apologized frantically as he jumped to his feet, pressing his back against his front door.

Y/n sighed as she used the wall to help her stand up. "You still haven't changed, huh?" She giggled, brushing her backside. "Are you busy?"

"Oh, well..."

"It looks like you were about to workout. It's okay, we can hang out another t—"

"No! I'm not busy! Let's go inside!!" Tamaki quickly grabbed her wrist and opened his door, the two stumbling into the apartment.

Mirio is gonna be so mad that I ditched him!!

double updating today!!!