ฅ Chapter 13 ฅ

POV Dream

I close the backdoor behind me as I step onto the hot pavement, taking in a deep breath of the fresh air. I smile as I look up at the sun.

"What the hell happened to you?" Sapnap questions as he leans on the wall of the pool, the water reaching his chest. I look down and snap out of it.

"N-nothing it was nothing" I spit out. He raises an eyebrow at me.

"You said you were going to grab a water, and yet you took way too long to be just 'grabbing a water'" he moves closer to the shallow end.

I move to sit on the steps in the water as I contemplate what I'm supposed to say to that. I don't think I want to tell Sapnap about anything else yet cause I'll never live it down.

"Got distracted by Patches 's all" I place my water bottle on the concrete and dive straight into the water. I can't wait till later.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

Sap and I stayed outside swimming for a few hours until we both agreed to finish up and finally go inside to eat. After closing up the pool, I quickly dry off a bit and wrap my towel around my neck and head inside.

When I enter I see Sapnap sitting at the counter, scrolling on his phone and already changed into normal clothes.

"We should just order pizza," he says, eyes still glued to the device. I hum in agreement and grab my phone to order online, getting three pizzas as well as an array of appetizers.

"Should be here in 30 minutes," I confirm, shutting my phone off and placing it on the counter. I lift my towel over my head and start rubbing my hair to dry it, facing away from Sap so I don't get him wet again.

I hear a light creak on the stairs and lift my head up to find George heading in the direction of the kitchen. He slips in through the doorway and opens the fridge to grab a water, closing it with his arm as he twists the bottle open and takes a few sips. He lowers it and looks at us.

"What?" he says, switching his gaze between the two of us.

"Nothin'" Sapnap says as he looks back down at his phone. I keep my focus on him as he twists the cap shut on his water bottle.

"Are we still doing a movie night?" he asks as he meets my eyes.

"Yeah we just ordered food, should be here soon, like 30 mins" I answer him, wrapping my towel back around my neck and over my shoulder. He hums in acknowledgement.

"I'll set up the couch," Sapnap chimes in.

"Alright, I'm gonna go hop in the shower." I say, grabbing my phone and starting towards the stairs.

"Don't hop in, just step," Sapnap smirks. I roll my eyes as I climb up the stairs.

"George, can you grab the extra blankets from the linen closet upstairs for me?" I hear Sap ask before I shut my door behind me. I grab a pair of grey sweatpants and a t-shirt before I head in the bathroom, shutting and locking both doors behind me. I should make this quick.

POV George

I tossed a bunch of blankets onto the sofa where Sapnap was throwing pillows. I could already hear the shower upstairs running after Dream had left.

"So what's up with Dream?" Sap asks me as I'm moving one of the blankets over.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"Why did he look so excited earlier?" I pause and look up to him.

"He was excited?" I smile, happy knowing I made him feel that way. Sapnap raises an eyebrow at me.

"You too?" I snap out of it.

"What?" I tilt my head.

"What is up with you two today? Did I miss something?" He grabs another blanket from the pile and moves it to the other end of the sofa.

"It's nothing important." I say quietly.

"I'll believe that when hell freezes over," he scoffs.

I throw the last few blankets over to the middle of the sofa and plop down into my spot on the right end, Sapnap taking the left side. I pull out my phone as he grabs the tv remote, turning it on to start looking for a movie.

A few minutes later, I hear the bathroom door open and footsteps approaching down the stairs. I then hear noises in the kitchen and popcorn popping in the microwave.

"What about a horror movie?" Sapnap asks out loud, still scrolling through a list of movies to watch.

"I'm fine with that." Dream chimes in as he enters the living room with a big bowl of popcorn. His hair is still wet and tousled around while his sweatpants hang almost a little too low on his waist. I immediately look away to try to stop myself from blushing.

"How about you George?" Dream asks as he takes a seat right next to me and gives the entire bowl to Sap.

"Mhm" I say, avoiding eye contact.

Sapnap turns on the first movie he sees before reaching over and shutting off the lamp, causing the room to grow in darkness. I grab the blanket on my side and shuffle under it, covering up to my shoulders.

I'm not a fan of horror movies but considering who I'm currently with, I know they won't hold back on the teasing. I quietly sigh as I curl up a bit more, bringing my knees into my chest.

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

We're 30 minutes into the movie and I already despise it. The story is already starting to get scarier as the characters get stupider and I just know there's going to be a jumpscare soon.

I watch as one of the characters opens the basement door, a dumb move, and something bursts onto the screen. I jump as, whatever the thing is, makes a loud screeching noise, shutting my eyes as tight as I can.

After a few minutes of keeping my eyes closed and head down, I feel an arm snake around my shoulders. I lift my head and turn to see Dream pressed against me, looking as though he's still completely focused on the movie and that nothing had happened.

I push down a content purr as I slightly scooch closer into his embrace. I feel my cheeks flush as his thumb starts rubbing gently up and down my arm, completely distracting me from the movie.

After a few minutes of this, I feel my eyes growing extremely heavy, and next thing I know, I fall asleep.

POV Dream

As soon as the movie started, I could tell George wouldn't like it. It's moments like these where he could be so easy to read, and yet still so hard sometimes.

We're now 30 minutes in and the scary parts are starting to build up, I'm pretty sure a jumpscare is coming up soon and I think George can sense it too by the way he's hiding more under his blanket.

There's a loud jumpscare and I feel him jolt beside me, I look over to see his head down and his face shoved into the blanket. I can only assume his eyes are shut too.

Without thinking, I lift my arm and slowly wrap it around his shoulders. He stiffens for a second before relaxing into my hold as I gently start rubbing his arm with my thumb. I hear him sigh in content and he leans into me more.

I could get used to this.

(Word Count: 1280)