ฅ Chapter 15 ฅ

A/N: happy bday to Dream! :)

TW// Panicking

POV Dream

After my morning with George, I was a bit worried that I did something wrong. He stood up immediately to go shower and left without an explanation, so I decided not to push him yet, going to the kitchen to find something to eat.

As I'm looking through the fridge, my thoughts get guided back to George, and I start to wonder if he's maybe hungry as well. Shutting the fridge, I turn the corner and head up the stairs, ready to see if he maybe wants something to eat as well.

What I didn't expect was that George still hadn't changed yet, but there's nothing I haven't seen before, right? Wrong.

I opened the door, obviously not thinking about my actions, when I hear a "WAIT DON'T-" but I'm already in the room. I look up and see George, in a towel, once again. But wait, why does he have-? Are those ears? And a tail?

I'm standing there silently as I watch the ears on his head fold back. This has to be a joke, right? I mean, there's George, almost completely naked, with water dripping from his hair and down his chest to meet the end of his towel. The tail behind him is lashing back and forth as his ears pop back up again.

My breath hitches and I immediately turn and slam the door behind me, rushing into my bedroom and also slamming that door as well. Holy shit, why am I so turned on right now?

I lean my back against my door and slide my weight down to reach the floor, fixing my pants to adjust to the new discomfort. I cover my face with my hands at let out a deep breath, what the hell am I supposed to do right now?

POV George

Dream just saw me.

Dream saw me.

My breathing picks up as I try to quickly get my clothes on. I have to get out of here.

I shove all of my stuff into my suitcase, even ripping my charger out of the wall, and slam it shut, immediately zipping it up and taking it off the bed. I shove my ears and tail into my hoodie before opening my bedroom door and quickly heading down the stairs, suitcase in hand. I don't know where I'm going, but it has to be away from here.

I rip the front door open and hurriedly run down the driveway, letting it swing shut behind me. I start to roll my suitcase now and down the sidewalk and head in the direction of town, I'm so screwed.

POV Dream

I heard the front door shut, why was it open? Sapnap is definitely not home yet so that leaves George. My head shoots up at the thought.

Shit.

I hurriedly stand up and swing my door open, finding his open and his room completely empty besides for the messy bed and slightly damp towel laid on it.

I sprint out his room and down the stairs, finding his shoes that were once by the door now gone. Why didn't I stay? I know he was changing but I should've at least waited, instead of hiding like a coward.

I'm panicking as I find he's not in the driveway or even in view on the sidewalk. I slip my phone out of my pocket and try calling him a few times, only to be immediately declined. So I exit out and dial Sapnap as fast as I can.

"yo?" he picks up after the second ring.

"George is gone" I say, gripping my hair with my open hand as I remain standing on the driveway.

"Whaddayamean gone?" he asks, very concerned.

"I-I don't know I think I fucked up and instead of facing the problem I hid away," I spit out, pacing in a circle.

"Okay just calm down," he says softly, "Did he take all of his stuff?" Sap asks me.

"Yeah everything." I respond, tracing the cracks in the driveway with my gaze.

"I'm sure he's alright. I mean he is a grown adult after all, just give him some time." I know he's right but I can't help but worry, he definitely didn't leave in the right headspace and I'm not sure how well he's adjusted to being in a foreign country.

"I'm gonna finish checking out and I'll be home in a bit." I hear Sapnap say through the phone.

"Okay..." I respond quietly, still stuck in my head. I hear the tone indicating the call has ended and I slip my phone back into the pocket of my basketball shorts. I turn around and enter the house again, dread flooding over me as I scoop up a confused Patches from the floor.

I beeline straight for my room and flop down on my head, only after carefully placing Patches down. I shove my face into my pillows and lay there silently. I'm so overwhelmed with emotions that I'm unsure of which one should be showing, not being in control of my thoughts or feelings.

I manage to take my phone out of my pocket again from this position and I place it face up next to me. I don't even need to turn the ringer on because George's contact has always overridden the silent mode. All I can do right now is wait, and gosh I hope he's okay.

(Word Count: 918)