ฅ Chapter 20 ฅ

POV George

I'm trying to catch my breath as I gaze up at Dream, who is also in the same state. I swear my heart could just melt from the way he makes me feel.

He chuckles breathlessly as he pulls me close into an embrace, my face resting in between his neck and shoulder as he wraps his arms around my back to hug me. I return the hug by wrapping my arms around his waist and pulling myself even closer. I take a deep breath and inhale his intoxicating scent, enough to make me completely dissolve.

We stand like this for a few minutes before I hear footsteps coming from the living room, pushing Dream away quickly and turning around to pretend like I'm doing anything else. I could feel his confused stare on the back of my head before Sapnap enters the kitchen.

"Yo, Dreamie," he says, swinging the fridge open to find something, "We should make something for dinn-" he pauses after he notices I'm in the kitchen as well.

"Uhh, why are you guys both just standing in the kitchen?" He raises an eyebrow.

"N-nothing, I was just about to.. uhhh... cut some fruit..?" I stammer, reaching for the closest item in the fruit bowl.

"That's an avocado..." he says, crossing his arms.

"T-that's what I meant, I'm cutting some avocado to eat, y'know? As a snack?" I look down at the avocado and grimace.

"You don't even like avocados." Sapnap proclaims. Well shit, I tried.

"George you literally suck at lying." he adds on, starting to laugh hysterically. I look over to Dream and silently beg him to help, but I'm too late as he's already starting to wheeze, apparently finding the situation amusing.

I huff out and roll my eyes, putting the avocado back in the fruit bowl, why is that even in there?

Their laughing fits die down as Sap wipes a few tears away, leaning himself against the fridge and Dream starts to take some deep breaths to help his lungs that sound to be dying.

"Anyway, it was just weird seeing both of you in here, not even your phones in hand. I'm already used to Dream just standing in a room and spacing out, but I don't need anyone else." I quirk an eyebrow in Dream's direction.

"You space out in the middle of rooms?" I ask him directly. He rubs the back of his neck as he gives me an embarrassed expression.

"I can't help it, I always tend to just have a lot on my mind." He lets out a chuckle.

"Yeah and it's scary as shit when I walk into a room and there's a six-foot man standing there silently in the dark." Sapnap adds on.

"You don't even turn on the lights?!" I exclaim.

"When I'm lost in thought, turning on the lights doesn't even cross my mind," he shrugs, "Anyway Sap what were you saying about dinner?" He says as he tries to change the subject. I sigh as I let him, knowing it'll be brought up again in the near future.

"I was saying we should make something for dinner since I just went shopping the other day." He shakes his head as well in response to the change of subject.

"And by 'we', you mean me." He crosses his arms.

"Yeah yeah, same thing." Sapnap says dismissively, standing himself up straight to move off the fridge. Dream reaches over to open it up, digging around the various foods that are stored. He pauses for a moment before turning around to face us again.

"How would you guys feel about lamb?"

ฅ^•ﻌ•^ฅ

After dinner we all sat down on the sofa and decided to watch another movie, thankfully this time not a horror one.