ฅ Additional Chapter (5) ฅ

POV George

"Did you say catnip?" I hear Dream frantically ask from behind me.

"Yeah! I found some really good reviews on this toy and heard cats practically go insane the first moment they see it." Karl laughs as he practically stops in front of us to talk to Dream.

I look down at the toy before immediately turning away from it. The moment I smell the catnip in it, I'm a complete goner. I turn to look back up at Dream for some help.

POV Dream

The moment George looked up at me, I knew we'd be in trouble if he didn't get out of here. His eyes were already practically dilated and I'm sure he was trying his best at holding his tail back from moving.

"Uh, I'll be right back.." I say nervously, glancing over to Karl who's looking at us curiously, "George is gonna head in for an early night and I was going to talk to him about... something... before he does that." I move my gaze back down to George and inconspicuously place my hands on his shoulders from behind.

"Wait, you're not going to wanna miss this though!" Karl takes a few steps closer, "Here I heard it's better when someone they trust gives it to them!" He immediately reaches out and grabs George's arm, lifting it up and placing the toy in his hand.

"Shit." I curse under my breath, "Sap..." I look up towards him, who finally realizes the situation. I watch as his eyes widen as he takes it in.

"Oh, fuck." Sapnap immediately stands. Quackity raises an eyebrow and looks over at him confusedly.

"What's the matter?" Karl turns over to them. The moment he does that, I turn George around and carefully grab the toy from him, who has gotten way too silent to be normal. Any quick movements and his feline nature might think I'm playing.

I push his empty hand down and let out a breath I didn't realize I was holding, softly placing the toy on the counter behind me, completely out of sight from George. Sapnap comes up from behind him and I can see Karl and Quackity looking at each other confusedly out of the corner of my eye. Sap looks up at me and I nod at him as confirmation, I see him exhale.

"I'll be back." I glance up at the other two before quickly pushing George out of the kitchen, directing him to our room.

Sitting him on the bed, I immediately go to close and lock the door behind us. We don't need any past mistakes repeated.

Moving back to George, I gently pull the beanie off of his head and sit down next to him. He seems to be completely out of it as his eyes are still dilated and he's staring off blankly into the distance. I watch as his tail moves underneath his hoodie and reach over to give it some freedom to move. I reach up and cup his face, forcing him to turn and look at me.

"Hey George, you there?" I ask softly, carefully rubbing my thumb up and down his cheek. I see his eyebrows furrow but his gaze doesn't meet mine just yet. I sit and wait silently, continuing to cradle his face until he comes out of it. I watch his eyes flutter shut a few times before his eyes are on me. I smile at him softly.

"Welcome back." My voice remains hushed.

"Dream?" He whispers.

"Mhm." I never stop my thumb's movements.

"Did anything bad happen?" His eyes fill with worry.

"No, everything's alright. It was just a scare but I got you out of there on time. Sapnap's still in there with the others." George lets out a tired sigh, I know just how much keeping this secret means to him so there's no way I'm letting it be revealed against his own volition.

"Wanna get some rest?" I let my hand raise and card my fingers through his hair, stopping just by his ear to leave a few scratches behind it. He closes his eyes and nods in return with a purr.

"Can you stay with me?" I watch as his eyes open and plead up at me.

"Of course, just let me shoot Sap a text to let him know." I use my other hand to grab my phone out of my pocket where I left it, immediately unlocking it to do just as I said. I place my phone on the side table once I'm finished.

"Thank you." I hear George mumble under his breath, I smile and exhale a breath of laughter.

"You know it's no problem." I help him move towards the headboard and get under the comforter with him. Reaching behind me, I quickly turn the light off and turn back to George, pulling him into my chest where he rests his head. As far as clothes go, we were already dressed pretty comfortably for the day so there's no point in putting more effort into changing.

I reach a hand up and continue petting his head, leaving gentle scratches behind his ears and listening to the soft purrs emanating from him. I guess Sapnap will finally get his time with Karl and Quackity.

POV Sapnap

The moment I looked up to see the situation, I knew Dream had to get George out of there. We both know how much he feels about his secret and I'll be damned if something bad happens.

I watch as Dream pushes George out of the kitchen and straight up to their bedroom, the sound of a door being shut confirming for me. I start to let out a relieving sigh before I realize both Karl and Quackity are looking at me for an explanation.

"Uh.." I blink.

"What the hell just happened?" Quackity speaks up, "Are they fucking up there or what?" Karl snorts at that and I let out another breath. Why was I so worried with these two?

"Probably," I roll my eyes jokingly, "You guys haven't been third-wheeling them for like the past few months- even when George was back home I still was!" Quackity laughs and pulls us both in by wrapping his arms around our shoulders, both of us hunch over.

"Well mi amor, you have us now." Quackity's smile brightens and Karl pulls me in closer for a hug.

"Now screw our bags, that's something we'll deal with later!" We pull apart and Quackity laughs again, I hear Karl snort.

"Screw our bags? I hardly know her!" He breaks out into a laugh.

"Karl that doesn't even make sense," I giggle.

"So? Who cares! Let's watch tv and cuddle!" All of the sudden I feel my hand get pulled and we're all heading back to the livingroom.

I grab the remote off the coffee table and the others plop down onto the couch, leaving a space in the middle for me to sit. My heart warms at the thought.

I join them and sit down, turning the tv on and flicking through the first streaming service I see. Though before even thinking of selecting something to watch, I immediately hand the remote to Karl to let him pick. He takes the remote with an excited smile on his face and scoots closer to me, using his free hand to intertwine our arms and our legs are touching. Quackity decides to get closer as well and leans his head on my shoulder. I could really get used to this.

After Karl finally selects an animated movie, the remote is placed back down and both of them cuddle closer to me after I reach behind to grab a throw blanket that was resting on the back of the couch.

Just when we're finally getting comfortable and settling down, my phone vibrates audibly in my pocket.

"Ooh Sapnap, what's vibrating in your pocket~" Quackity questions by pitching his voice higher.

"Just your mom's vibrator she left with me the other day." I smirk back at him. We all break into a fit of childlike giggles as one of my arms are freed and reaching to grab my phone. Unlocking it, I see a notification that Dream texted me.

"Dream's not coming back out tonight." I put my phone away again tell the others. They don't need details.

"That's unfortunate," Karl responds, "Though I'm not exactly complaining." I feel him tighten his hold on my arm momentarily.

"More time for us." Quackity chimes in with a smile.

"Yeah," I look back to the tv, "More time for us." I smile. More time that I get to lie to you about George.

(Word Count: 1450)