>bend<

All words leave me as I hear his explaination. Though this is no explaination at all, just the words of a man who is totally insane. So insane that I suddenly fear to go on his nerves. I mean, would he be able to do the same to me if I annoyed him? Did he maybe just do this to show me what could happen to me?

Josef clearly sees the paranoia on my face. ''Oh Liebes, don't worry. He smiled as I held his hand and walked him in. It only faded as his silly little brain understood that I wouldn't walk out with him.'' This makes him even more sickening. This statement, this action, the smile on his lips as he tells me this. Meanwhile my body shakes and sweats in cold fear while my brain screams at me to run. But where to?

''Are you cold, Liebes? Would you like some tea or coffee?'' This concern in his tone is pathetic. How gently he holds my hand is pathetic too.  ''No I-'' My voice leaves me as my glance gets trapped in his eyes, eyes that confuse me even more the longer I look into them. Why is his glance so gentle? Why can he look at me in such a way after all he did to humanity? ''Don't tell me that you miss that boy.''

Could I miss someone whose name I never knew? Still unable to speak properly, I just keep on staring. In fact I don't miss the boy, I never knew him, but I deeply wish he was still alive. And that he hadn't met this faith and grew up to be happy and healthy.

Josef keeps the smile on his lips while I can not keep mine from shaking. Yet they don't shake out of fear at this point. It's rage, anger. To feel so is a bit confusing to me but I really am mad at him. Though I think I was mad at him for such a long time and this now is the last straw. "Do you do the same with the twins after they lose their use to you?" My question is far too dark for my still so childish lips to speak them and yet, that makes it even darker.

This darkness actually does take this sick smile of his dirt lips and his stare shows hesitation. Did I woke him up of his mad state for a bit? Now he is the one to keep quiet, to be in a loss of words. But the confusion about me asking such a thing is not the only emotion noticable in his glance. But I must admit that I cannot tell what the other one directly is. So I won't stop with this question.

"And why did you never show where they are when you gave me the tour? You always seem so proud of them being part of your experiments." My tone is nearly sarcastic yet harsh, my words are daring and he now would usually say I'm hysterical. My sheer intention with this question is to make him notice who of us is wrong in the head. But the second his lips form into a grin, I realize that I failed.

"Liebes, Liebes, I must admit that you are quite something since you came back. Though now that you mention my twins, I should probably tell you about your new occupation." My stomach turns as he speaks of children as if they were his possessions, yet am I not the same to him? Though it could also be turning because he noticed a change in me since I returned, something I really should be hiding yet I can't deny that it's true. Another thing that makes me swallow hardly, is hearing his German tongue say the word 'occupation'.

"Pardon?" I ask with a face painted white in fear. It seems like I was not the only one who changed plans when we were away from one another. Whose plan is deadlier is now the question that terrorises my mind.

"You'll be working as my assistant."

This is sheer insanity.

His announcement sounds so happy. He sounds so happy while announcing my downfall. To make me his assistant makes me a fellow criminal. It reassures me a cell next to him in a prison and a place next to him in hell. But the question is whether he is able to see how he is ruining me or not. Whether it is intentional or if his mad mind doesn't see how this will end.