Author's note + Playlist

N O T E

Hi, I'm Lina!!

I just want to thank you for clicking on this book and I'm hoping you'll stay for the ride. This is by no means the best but its my first one, one I've tried and spent countless hours on. I hope you enjoy and feedback is always welcome.

I started this a while ago and am always scrutinising myself for whatever I write. I'd never thought I'd actually publish any of it but it would be an amazing feeling to know that someone's fond of your book, that they love and relate to the characters so I'm chasing that feeling and giving it a shot!

Just so you know, my writing and the plot gets better as the story progresses. I can never get going but when I do, I promise it gets better.

Do be mindful of spelling errors and such, even though I've done my very best to make sure there aren't any. If there are, please point them out nicely. I'm constantly open to feedback and I can take scrutiny; if there are plot points or moments you don't like or feel can be improved let me know.

This story isn't a short one nor is it brief in order to grasp the full story between Aria and Luca. I want to capture their lifestyles, them as people, their tale as a whole in a way that makes you feel like a part of it. Keep that in mind if you're looking for more of a simple, shorter read.

I would not call this an enemies to lovers. There is a lot of taunting and resisting and banter but Luca and Aria never hate each other. Or are enemies. Just putting that out there so you're not confused as to why they don't.

The characters speak more than one language. Lu speaks Spanish and Ria speaks Italian. I am NOT fluent in both. At all. So google translate may fail me from time to time, don't quote me.

I am by no means a professional or insanely skilled. I'm writing this as a pastime and in hopes that people might like it.

<3

W A R N I N G

I don't tolerate any slut-shaming, racism or any discriminatory behaviour of the sort towards characters or anybody else. If I see those comments, they'll just be deleted.

I've also tried to include topics/issues that are current in society e.g mental health disorders, misogyny as they are things I am passionate about and everyone should be passionate about.

Also, the characters are young. Teenagers in high school that have potty mouths.. very bad potty mouths and pretty dirty minds. Just a warning.

It's set in New Jersey but their town (Kilned) is fictional and one I made up.

I've seen so much internal misogyny all over Wattpad and I'd hate it if I saw it with any of the characters in Insomniacs. It's disgusting, especially when reactions would be completely different if roles were reversed and it was the male character.

Keep the same energy as you would with the love interest with Aria, or with any other character. This isn't a book where the male love interest is the only one capable of being hurt, angry, traumatised etc.

K E E P I N M I N D

Aria's a complex character and endures many hardships and difficulties throughout this book. She's a survivor and even when she makes dumb decisions, I want you to keep that in mind. Be her supporters, be her family and give her room to grow!