75. home

genuinely a very long chapter so good luck. relax and grab the snacks and i'm excited for yall to read this one <3

Aria.

"Shush, dude." Miguel reprimands Benji and I slowly lift my head to peek over my phone, watching secretly as they approach a sleeping Everest and Hudson on the couch.

We were rewatching Tangled - Benji's all time favourite - and the two had dozed off mid way through. They're sat up but both their heads are slumped towards each other, touching as they remain fast asleep. It's oddly adorable.

Not for long though because the two misfits crawling up to them have mischief in their eyes. And...are those cacti? Lola makes a little noise, her head tilted as she looks to them. She sits in my lap and watches the scene with secret curiosity, like myself.

Benji holds a little cactus in a plant pot and Miguel holds another. I raise an eyebrow as they reach the two snoring idiots and with extreme caution, Miguel reaches out to turn Everest's palm so its facing upwards. Slowly, slowly-

The room freezes when Everest shifts and his face scrunches up, his lips pursing like a bothered baby. I have to stifle a laugh at the expression. It gets harder to contain my amusement when he snuggles his head asides Hudson's and slings his long leg over Hudson's torso.

Benji has to slap a hand over his mouth so he's not laughing and Miguel has to step back for a moment, shutting his eyes as the four of us, including Lola, try to maintain the silence. Its dead silent but one wrong move and we all crack into laughter because jesus fuck, they're cuddling like a married couple.

After taking a minute to gather ourselves, Miguel takes in a deep breath and continues his conquest. Successfully, he turns Everest's palm and sets the cactus atop it. Benji is scarily swift as he does the same to Hudson, without any trouble.

And now, it begins.

Benji calls over Lola and whispers to her, pointing at Everest. I don't hear what he says before the pup hops up onto the couch.

She sits by Everest, perfectly still. Her head tilts slightly, looking between him and his boyfriend that he's curled up against. She doesn't move and neither do us. Until she licks a long strip across Everest's cheek.

He jolts and shoots upwards, the cactus flying up and landing, upside down, on his leg.

Oh my god. On his fucking leg.

Everybody's eyes widen and the room is still for just a second.

In preparation, I pick up a pillow and pull it over my ears. I smile at Benji and Miguel.

Just as Everest shrieks and they wince from the pain to their eardrums. He jumps off and continues screaming as his hand hovers over the cactus in his leg, stuck by the needles. Benji and Miguel now cannot stop their laughter, folding over as they look at the tortured expression on his face. Jesus, that looks like it hurts.

Who am I fucking kidding? I'm laughing too.

"Fuck." I hear Hudson groan and realise he's up too but unlike the idiot besides him, didn't fall prey to the cactus as he glares at Miguel and Benji. Out of spite, Hudson lifts it like he's gonna throw it at them.

Both of them run over, their bravado gone in an instant. I groan as they use me as a shield, smothering me in their embrace. Hudson puts down the cactus and irritatedly looks over to Everest, who's still staring wide-eyed at the cactus in his leg.