Thank You For Reading

Yes, the title implies what this chapter is discussing.

I wanted to thank every single one of you for reading this book. When I began this book, I was in an abusive friendship, and often wrote these to escape those dark times. And thus, that's the brief origin story of this book. It will always hold a special place in my heart, for it has allowed me to grow as a person and writer, and has allowed me to make friendships with people all over the world, with their own experiences, stories, and ideas. I'd say this book is my favorite out of all the books I have on my account, and it has inspired me to create even more LGBTQ+ content.

Now, I will be explaining why I am cutting this book now. as opposed to the 125 chapters I promised. There are a few reasons, so if you want to read it, you're free to. This is not me making excuses for cutting a book short--it's an explanation.

1. The fandom.

As you might recall, I have spoken on the My Hero Academia fandom in a chapter. I will be the first to admit that my thoughts over time have changed, and I have decided to no longer consider myself part of it. In that chapter, I analyzed as to why someone might consider the fandom toxic.

And as much as I would like to say otherwise, I would have to agree.

I'm aware that it's a small part of the fandom that happens to be loud. But I don't care.

I have recieved DMs about the books on my account, and while I do not mind constructive critiscm, it's gone too far. I have been threatened, made fun of, and ridiculed all because of fictional characters. And this is for a variety of reasons, such as not getting their personalities perfectly, for making them 'unnecessarily queer', for not updating daily, when my chapters are thousands of words long.

And all of those DMs I've gotten are from the My Hero Academia fan, and all of which speak of my My Hero Academia books. I'm done with harrassment over fictional characters. I, an actual human being, am more important than an anime surrounding teenagers.

2. I've fallen out of love with the franchise.

I have fallen out of love with My Hero Academia. It has become less interesting to me, and therefore, I have lost interest. When I began watching the show, I immediately fell in love. Everything spoke to me in such a way that made sense, and it was something I binged for days. Hell, I created this account because of the show, all because I wanted to create content for those who shared the same feelings I did.

I'm not going to sit here and insult the show or anyone who enjoys it. That's stupid and immature, and would be even more stupid and immature to do so. I genuinely believe it deserves the recognition it has.

It's just not for me anymore.

3. The physical, mental, and emotional strains this book has placed on me.

I will say this here and now, to any other aspiring story-tellers, no matter the genre: anyone who says that writing a book is easy is lying. It requires immense planning, making the covers, gathering the motivation, and then actually sitting down with a laptop and getting started. This is especially true for myself, as my ADHD makes all of those steps (and more) all the more difficult.

As much joy and appreciation for writing this book has brought me, it has brought me an equivalent amount of stress and exhaustion. Most people might assume that me pursuing my passion might be relaxing, and while that can be true, it's also not. It's tiring and unhealthy for me to write thousands, and thousands, and thousands, of words daily, all for one book.

Potential questions:

1. Will I continue writing on Wattpad?

Yes. I will continue to create LGBTQ+ stories with beloved characters. I just won't involve My Hero Academia anymore.

A brief list of fandoms I will/might include:
Sk8 the Infinity
Jujutsu Kaisen
Bungou Stray Dogs
The Arcana
RobiHachi

2. Will I delete the My Hero Academia books on my page?

No. No matter what fandom you might be apart of, everyone deserves to have representation; even just a little.

I believe I've made my case.

I thank every one of you for reading, the support, and the love I've recieved. Despite the negative experiences, this book is something that has helped me in ways I never expected. The numerous comments I recieve, claiming that my writing has made people's lives a tiny bit more tolerable, made it a little better while it lasted.

I will never regret writing this book. It has helped shape who I am today, and all through I am still improving in numerous ways, I appreciate it nonetheless.

This does not mean my writing 'career' on Wattpad is over with. In fact, it marks a new era of anime fanfictons. To Bungou Stray Dogs to Jusutsu Kaisen; my books will not stop making people's lives a little more tolerable (that's what I've been told, at least).

Your friend,
Octavia, also known as TheQueenofLGBT