Mother Gothels Flower Part 2

"Ok then, thats a creative way." Rapunzel undid her long braid. The  using a thick strand, she lassoed her hair to catch hold of the latch she used when Gothel demanded to come up.

After a few minutes of effort, Rapunzel entered the old tower and saw Amber and Sofia back to their human forms.

"Ok, the flower is in my old room. I keep it here for safe keeping." Rapunzel led them to her old room.

Sofia and Amber followed Rapunzel to an old desk. They watched as the princess took a key from around her neck and unlocked a jewelery box. Once opened, the flower bathed the room in a warm golden light.

"This is the flower girls. I hope this will protect the Ever Realm." Rapunzel carefully took out the flower and handed it over to Sofia.

"Thank you Princess Rapunzel. Come on Amber, we had better go." Sofia touched her Enchantlet and the portal opened.

The sisters were about to leave when a bat flew in.

Rapuzel shrieked and grabbed her frying pan to hit the bat.

But the bat was too fast! Sofia closed the portal to the Mystic Isles and clutched the flower tightly.

"Amber, I need a distraction." Sofia stated

"That, I can do." Amber replied.

Meanwhile Sofia tapped her Enchantlet again and the portal opened to Enchancia. "Ill be right back Amber. Make sure that strangling does not leave the tower!"

"Got that Sofia!" Rapunzel called.

Sofia stepped through the portal into Cedrics workshop. "Mr. Cedric, are you here?"

No answer.

Sofia groaned to herself, where is he?! She didnt have enough time to search the whole castle. Amber and Rapunzel need her in Corona. Shaking her head, Sofia returned to Rapunzels tower.

"Whats your plan Sofia?" Amber panted trying to keep the strangling contained.

The bat kept switching forms every few  seconds to avoid capture.

"Gotta wing it Amber!" Sofia replied looking around the tower. Sofia knew the strangling wanted the flower very badly.

"Ok, I got an idea! Toss me that basket!" Sofia exclaimed.

Amber slid the basket to Sofias feet. "Whatever you're gonna do, do it soon!"

"Rapunzel get ready to knock that pesky bat  out!" Sofia shouted.

"That I can do." Rapunzel answered, winding up her dominant hand.

Quickly Sofia created a windwhip with her Enchanlet to blow the crazy strangling off course. "Rapunzel, knock him out!"

Rapunzel aimed for the bat and they made contact.

"Amber get the basket under him!" Sofia exclaimed.

Amber kicked the basket close to the strangling as Sofia released the windwhip. The shape-shifting fell down into the basket, and Sofia quickly put the cover on.

"Thanks for the help Rapunzel!" Sofia curtsied before activating the portal to the Mystic Isles .

"Any time Sofia."

The two sisters appeared at the Isle of Protectors. "You had best go in." Amber stated.

"Amber, you helped me. Come on."

"Sofia, Im good. I'll just go home." Amber replied.

"Ok." Sofia activated the portal on her Enchantlet and Enchancia castle came up. "Ill see you soon."

Amber nodded before walking through.

*

Amber felt like the tag along to her sister. She secretly wished she could be a Protector of the Ever Realm with her sister, abdicate the crown to James just like her Aunt Tilly had done.

But, a life of adventure isn't always glamorous, and Amber was aware. But, could she really see herself as the Queen of Enchancia, or the co hero of the Ever Realm? Which would be more fun? Of course Amber knew it would be her duty to uphold her kingdom even if it was as a duchess. But now, as heir to the throne, she had to decide if being in charge was really for her.

Watching her father sign all those agreements, and solve all the problems seemed great at first. But Amber also saw how tired her father was at the end of the day. Could she do that? Then an idea sparked in her head, Roland still promised her a Queen for a Day. Maybe she'll take him up on it, to see if she could handle it. If not, that would be the deciding factor weather or not to abdicate the crown to James.

*

Sofia was very confused, but she had to return to the other Protectors.

"Vega, Orion! We got the flower!" Sofia held it up for the others to see.

"Nice work Princess. Where is your sister?" Orion asked.

"Amber decided to go home. If it wasnt for her, I never would have found Rapunzel in her kingdom. No sign of that strangling though." Sofia admitted.

"Thats good news. You are getting closer to the end of your training." Vega stated 

"I am?!" Sofia asked surprised.

"Yes, but...there's one last step." Vega replied.

"And that is?"

"Now is not the time for details. You have done a great job uniting the Wicked Nine. Now, go home and rest. We will be in contact." Vega smiled.

"Ok. Thanks Vega."

*

"Amber?" Sofia knocked on her sisters door.

"Sofia, hi." Amber smiled shyly opening her door a crack.

"What happened?"

Amber sighed, "im not sure. I uh...I feel weird voicing this."

"What?"

"Im starting to love all these adventures!" Amber blurted out.

"And what?"

Amber sighed, "Im not sure if Queen is the right thing for me to do."

Sofia smiled slightly, "I get it, you see Queen as a small job compared to mine."

"Yes! Not that I mind. But you will go on all these adventures while Im....stuck here." Amber sighed.

"There is nothing wrong with wanting more. But Amber, are you nervous to be the leader of Enchancia? Is that why you are trying to find something else?" Sofia asked.

"Ok, fine. I am! I never knew how Daddy does it day in and out. I cant help but wonder, will I be as good of a leader as he is?" Amber sighed heavily.

Sofia took hold of Ambers hand, "I have faith that you will. I know its overwhelming, I was when I first arrived. I was shy and unsure how to act. It will take time, besides school will help you prepare. As long as you lead fairly and help out, everyone will love you as much as they love Dad."

"Thank you Sofia."

"Your welcome Amber."