School Fair (My Version)

Don't like? Don't read. Might be shorter than other parts

"Are you excited Sofia? We get to choose what school to go to next after RPA!" Amber squealed.

"It is exciting."

"I know where you should go!" Amber continued on.

"Where you're going right?" Sofia shot Amber a disappointed look.

"Um...yes?" Amber replied sheepishly 

Sofia shook her head. "I cant be your royal advisor, Amber. Im..." the girl looked around before continuing in a whisper. "...
gonna be a Protector. As such, Ill be called away a lot. You need someone who can always be there."

Amber released an irritated sigh, "I just...don't want to lose you Sofia."

Sofia put a comforting arm on Ambers shoulder. "And you wont. We will always be family. But, our paths are leading us elsewhere. We aren't moving out of the castle yet. So please no worrying."

Amber sighed, "ok. Which tent are you going to?"

"My decision is gonna be a surprise for everyone." Sofias eyes sparkled. "But, I do know where I'm going, so please don't make my choice for me...Amber" she shot her sister a hard look.

Amber sighed, "fine, Ill leave it up to you."

"Thats all I ask." Sofia smiled and ran up to the Corinthian Sports tent.

As soon as Amber left, Sofia took a schedule of events from all the tents. She then circled one event from each tent she thought would be the most fun. Even though she knew which school she wanted, she wanted to try a little of every school before her final decision. And also she wanted to throw off her friends suspicions by appearing at all the school tents.

Sofia chose the Performing Arts Academy first. "Vivian, Clio!"

"Hi Sofia!" The two girls said in unison.

"Where are you planing to go?" Vivian asked.

"I already have an idea, but I want to check out all the schools first." Sofia answered.

"Where?!" Clio asked

"You'll see later. When I put my schools choice up on the wall." Sofia answered.

The day went on, and after each fun event, Sofia was getting a better idea of where to go. As much fun as Chivalry Hall sounds, a knight is not what she has in mind. Sofia has been thinking to attend the School for Adventure.

"Hello Sofia, dear!" A familiar voice called out.

Sofia turned to see her aunt outside the tent to the Adventure School. "Aunt Tilly! Did you go here?"

"I did, and I had so much fun. Life is never dull at the School for Adventure." Tilly smiled. Then she whispered in Sofias ear, "I got even higher grades when I told of the adventures the Secret Library took me on."

Sofias eyes widened. "This actually is the school that I want. And after looking everywhere else. Im happy to be going here. I happen to know that Zooey will be coming with me."

"Congragulations my dear. Now its time to put your decision on a stone tablet and place it on the Wall of Next Steps." Tilly hugged Sofia briefly. "I know you will have a lot of fun there my dear."

"Thanks Aunt Tilly!"

Amber came up to Sofia as the girl finished carving her school choice. "Where did you decide, Sofia?"

Sofia gasped and hugged the tablet to her chest when she saw Amber. "What makes the most sense to me. I am the Storykeeper and will be a Protector Amber. That should give you a hint."

Sofia walked off, and handed her tablet to the submission area.

"Sofia, I heard that you saw every tent. Are you having trouble deciding?" Amber wondered 

Sofia only smiled, "no. Im not. I know where I'm going, and no its not Ever Realm  Academy."

"Where is it?" Amber crossed her arms.

"I already said before Amber, its a surprise." With that, Sofia walked off to join Clio and Vivian.

Of course they only asked the girl where she'd be going. "Sorry, its not the Performing Arts Academy."

"Where is it?" They asked.

"You'll see."

Finally the time had come for the reveal.

"Time to see who is going where!" Flora announced flying through.

She pulled the curtian to reveal the school choices. Hildegard and Khalid will go to Fashion school. Clio and Vivian to Performing Arts. Zander, Jun and Desmond to Science and Alchemy. James is headed to Chivelry Hall while Amber is going to Ever Realm Academy. The last school is where everyone gasped in shock. The School for Adventure; Zooey, Fredrick and Sofia.

"Surprise everyone!" Sofia beamed 

Zooey took a second before squealing in excitement. She ran to Sofia and hugged her tightly. "You are coming with me! Thank you, I was so worried I wouldn't know anyone!"

"You will now." Sofia answered 

Murmurs were heard throughout the crowd of students. "Im sorry that my decision is not the one you want. But what all of you may not know, I am an adventureer at heart. Always was and always will be."

Sofia then walked off the grounds happy to make the decision right for herself and not for other people. Maybe when she was younger she would have caved to be with Amber, but no longer. Training to be a Protector, had taught her to be independent.

"Sofia!" Amber and James called

The princess turned to see her siblings running up to her. "I told you it was a surprise."

"I just...wow. adventure school, brilliant!"

"I am disappointed, but I understand, Sofia." Amber stated after a slight pause 

"Amber, I am my own person. We will always be family, but its time I made my own decisions." Sofia stated

"No, I understand. Just promise you will tell me stories of your adventures?" Amber gazed at her sister curiously.

"You know I will." Sofia answered.

As the trio of siblings approached the carriage, they were surprised to see two people there.

"Mom, Dad!" Sofia exclaimed 

"Daddy! What are you doing here?"

"We wanted to be the first people you told anybody your schools." Roland answered 

"So?" Miranda prompted.

"Ever Realm Academy." Amber smiled.

"Chivelery Hall." Replied James.

"School for Adventure." Sofias eyes lit up.

"Like my sister, impressive." Roland raised an eyebrow.