Dr. Facilliers Hat part 2

Sofia bared her teeth. She had to keep hanging. When she had screamed, the floor beneath her feet began to crumble. Sofia stuffed the top hat into her bag and used her whip to hold on.

"Ok, its now or never." Sofia mumered to herself. She began to swing to and fro. Her swings became bigger and bigger until she was able to get onto solid ground.

She tried to contact Chrysta, but for some reason, her communication was blocked.

"Im on my own, oh well." Sofia had to think of a way out. "I wish to speak with Amber."

Sofias amulet projected her sisters face. "Amber?"

"Sofia?"

"Amber I need to hurry. Whatever you do..dont...to me!" Sofia yelled

The princess had finally reached the doorway out and she could see Chrysta, until a voice made her stop

"Sofia, please dont go!" Edward called

"Sofia, you have 2 minutes!" Chrysta cried faintly.

Sofia turned her back on Chrysta and hugged Edward. "I love you Dad, but I have to think of everyone else, not just me. Thats what a true princess does."

"Im very disappointed in you Sofia." Edward stated

"I can live with that. I have better ways to honor your memory." Sofia turned on her heel and left the maze just in time.

"Sofia?! How did you do it?" Chrysta asked

"Not easily thats how. That maze played with my mind. I was tempted with my strongest desires." Sofia sighed

Chrysta sighed, "thats just like the Shadow Man, to know his victims.

"Its ok. We can talk about it later, but we need to get out of here. Shall we?"  Sofia asked.

"Yeah Id love too." Chrysta sighed as Sofia morphed into a fairy.

"Skye needs a break. Chrysta, did you know I wasnt always a princess?" Sofia asked

"What?!" Chrystas wings stopped and she plunged a few feet.

"Yes. I was a common village girl until I turned 8 and my mom married King Roland. Thats what I meant when we first met that I am a hard working tough princess and to not judge me at first glance." Sofia shot the fairy a mysterious expression.

"Wow so your father..." Chrysta began.

"Is now King Roland who didnt hesitate to be my father." Sofia cut across.

"Of course." Chrysta cleared her throat.

*

"Nice work Princess Sofia." Orion said when the two came in to drop the hat in its protective case.

"Thanks Orion. I need to return. I wish to see my sister." Sofia stated.
Out of the girls amulet, appeared Amber with Roland and Miranda. Seeing her worried family Sofia felt a bit disappointed.

"What troubles you Sofia?" Chrysta noticed the girls downcast expression.

"I was gone almost all night. When I was in that maze, Amber contacted me. She saw me along with my parents. My parents see me as this young kid, I never got the chance to tell them about all of you. Im afraid, they will try to stop me." Sofia sighed.

"Here, take this." Vega brandished a drawstring pouch.

"What is that?" Sofia asked.