Lady Tremaines Key Part 2

"Whoa, thats new." Skye shook his head.

"Sorry, it was the fastest way to get here." Sofia replied. "I need to find Cinderella."

"Where shall I land, my princess?" Sky asked.

"Over there by the gates." Sofia replied.

As soon as Sofia slid off, she came up to the castle. "Who are you?" A guard asked.

Sofia curtsied. "Princess Sofia of Enchancia here to see Cinderella."

"The princess is busy preparing to recieve an important key. She wished not to be disturbed." The guard said gruffly.

"I understand." Sofia replied at once walking a few feet away. Gripping her amulet, she searched for an animal to turn into.

Then she heard two small voices. "Come on Jaq Jaq Cinderelly needs us!" A girl mouse squeaked.

"Im coming Mary!" The other mouse replied scampering towards the castle.

Sofia stooped down. "Hello. Im an old friend of Cinderellas. Do you know a way in?"

The two mice stared at her. "We do, but I dont think you can fit." Mary squeaked.

Sofia smiled and looked Mary in the eye. In a puff of pink smoke, Sofia morphed into a pink mouse with her amulet around her neck. "Now I can."

Jaq and Mary yelled in surprise. "Come on Mary, take her to Cinderelly!" Jaq stated.

Mary shook her head and scampered off, Sofia at her heels. When they got to the ballroom, Sofia stopped short catching sight of Cinderella.

In a puff of pink smoke, Sofia returned to her human form. "Cinderella?"

The blonde woman looked up at her name. "Sofia?! What are you doing here?"

"Im on a mission from the Mystic Isles." Sofia replied at once.

"You need my stepmothers key to my old attic room huh?" Cinderella sighed.

"Yes. Im sorry, but its to protect not just your kingdom, but all the kingdoms." Sofia replied.

"I am more than happy to be rid of it. My stepmother was nice enough to hand me that wretched key." Cinderella sighed.

"Is there any way you can forgive her?"

The blonde shook her head. "I wish, but she used my fairy godmothers wand to undo my happily ever after. Then she made my husband forget me. I had to beg my fairy godmother to turn her and my other stepsister Drizzla back to their human form."

"So thats what happened." Sofia breathed. She knew to finish her Storykeeper duty, she had to give this syory a happy ending.

About ten minutes later, Sofia and Cinderella were greeted with the brown key.

"Ok good work Princess, lets go." Chrysta started flying.

"Im going to stay a while Chrysta." Sofia stated.

"You will?!" Chrysta and Cinderella asked in unison.

"Yes. I have something else that has to be done." Sofia replied. Chrysta shrugged, activating the teleporter on her Enchanlet.

"What else do you need to do here, Sofia?" Cinderella asked.

"Madonna Tremaine wants to make ammends with you." Sofia winced slightly.

"Since when?"

"That Im not so sure. But I read about her in a book thats in my kingdom. She would have came herself, but knew you would only turn her away." Sofia explained.

"Too true. I dont need an apology, I needed my childhood." Cinderella sighed.

Sofia groaned lightly, "what happened to your forgiving self?"

"I would have forgiven her earlier if she hadnt undone my life. But I know holding onto grudges isnt healthy." Cinderella sighed.

"Would you like me to speak with Lady Tremaine on your behalf?" Sofia asked

"Thats up to you Sofia. I dont care any longer." Cinderella replied

Sofia left the blonde princess to her thoughts. She came outside to find Skye grazing.

"My princess, ready to return home?" Skye asked

"Not yet. I need to go somewhere first." Sofia replied climbing on the unicorns back.

"Im confused, you finished your Protector mission." Skye replied.

"True, but I have one other task to get done." Sofia sighed

"What is it?"

"I need to get Cinderella and her stepmother on better terms." Sofia replied

Skye shook his head, "from what I heard, it sounds nearly impossible."

Sofia huffed, "I have to try! My aunt trusted me with a job."

"Where is Lady Tremaines house?" Skye asked.

"I believe at the edge of the kingdom." Sofia urged the Unicorn up.

Silence fell upon the pair. After Sofia found the iconic house, she landed and knocked on the door.

"Whos there?!" A sharp voice demanded. A tall old woman answered with a walking stick in hand.

"Lady Tremaine?" Sofia asked nervously.

"Who is asking?"

"I am. My name is Sofia, and Im here to help you." Sofia stated.

"With what?" The old lady sent Sofia a skeptical expression.

"Your relationship with Cinderella." Sofia answered.

The old woman gasped. "Come in, please."

Sofia let herself into the once grand home of Cinderellas.

"Are your daughters home?"

"No, Anastasia moved in with the town baker and Drizzela moved on. Its just me." Lady Tremaine sighed.

"Oh, I see. Im sorry." Sofia stated.

"Thats karma. What goes around comes around." The old woman sighed.

"Can you tell me why you were so mean to Cinderella?" Sofia asked.

"Her name used to be Ella before I renamed her Cinderella. She reminded me so much of her father...it was too painful." Lady Tremaine explained.

"You not only pushed her away, you did it in the most horrible of ways." Sofia breathed.

"Yes. I have something of Francis, that I believe Ella would like. I will never be allowed in the castle again. My stepdaughter made that clear when she left us. I really do feel horrible for the way I treated her. Its just that Ella had more oppertunities than my girls could ever hope to get. I believed back then that it wasnt right. So when Francis died, I thought so should her oppertunities. I had to fight for my daughters." Tremaine continued.

"You were jealous of Cinderellas privileged life?" Sofia asked shocked.

Tremaine nodded. "I know it wasnt right the way I treated her, or the way my daughters treated their stepsister. I regret it so much. Even more when the villiage heard what Ive done. They shunned me. I cant leave without being attacked."

"Do you really want Cinderella to forgive you?" Sofia asked.

"I do. I was grieving for years over Francis. And that grief made me do a lot of things I regret." Tremaine sighed.