Chapter 3: Birds Eye View

"Chrysta told me your amulet allows you to shapeshift, right?" Vega asked after a slight pause.

"Yes, what do you want me to change into?"

"Me, a windorger. I want you to fly all around the Mystic Isles and see if you can find Prisma." Vega answered.

Sofia nodded and held her amulet. In a swirl of pink glitter, two pairs of small pink feathery wings appeared on Sofias back. They went down to her ankles.  Her crown changed from jewels into two pink feathers held together by a pink gem. Her dress became like Vegas, but pink and with small glittering jewels.  "This is ah-mazing!"

Vega smiled, "nicely done. We cant just trust the rumor alone on Prisma's location we need more."

"Vega, shouldnt someone be here to protect the remaining Wicked Nine in case Prisma tries to come here?" Sofia asked.

"Good idea. Garish and I will be on guard. Now hurry, we have no idea what Prisma will be up to." Vega answered before turning away.

"Stay safe." Sofia called as she took off with her new wings.

*

Sofia flew over the Isle of Unicorns, and Centuars, but no luck so far. She decided to return to Azurines farm to alert her family.

"Mom, Dad, Jams!" Sofia called from above. The royal family snapped to attention at Sofias voice, but no one looked up.

"Of course not." Sofia sighed. She flew down and landed.

"Sofia, how do you have wings?!" Roland sputtered.

"I think its brilliant!" James put in.

"You look like Vega and Orion. Speaking of, where is your sister?" Chrysta asked coming over to join the group.

"Vega told Amber to go with Orion to the Isle of Wishes. She has no idea Im here. I have to do a quick fly by then I will contact you." Sofia answered quickly.

"Ok, use everything I taught you." Chrysta pulled Sofia in for a hug.

"I will."

"Umm...dont we have a say in this?" Miranda asked gesturing to Roland.

"Your Majesties, no offense, but Sofia knows more than you. She chose to bring you along. Now, if you want to go home..." Chrysta began.

"We arent going anywhere!" Roland snapped.

"Ok, ok." Chrysta replied hastily.

"Mom, Dad, as a Protector in Training, you have to let me do this." Sofia said firmly. "Im so much more than a dainty little princess."

"Shes right." Chrysta chuckled.

Sofia then flew off.

*

"Sofia, any news?" Vega demanded an hour later.

"All is quiet here. Im contacting Chrysta." Sofia swipped her Enchantlet as Chrystas face appeared in a small bubble next to Vegas.

"Whats goin on Chief, Sofia?" Chrysta asked

"Any signs of that Strangling or Prisma?" Vega asked at once.

"All is quiet here." Chrysta replied.

"Hmmm.... I wonder..." Sofia mumbled.

"What?" Chrysta and Vega asked in uniaon.

"Who started the rumor of Prisma coming by her sisters farm?" Sofia wondered

"It was an anonymus tip. But the voice sounded weird. Deep, and sophisticated." Vega replied

"Oh no!" Sofia gasped.

"What?!"

"Vega tell Orion to meet me at Azurines farm, and hurry!" Sofia shouted.

Vega ended the call while Chrysta remained.

"What are you thinking?" Chrysta asked

"That Wormwood had started that rumor of Prisma attacking Azurine! Prisma is powerless, and we fell for her trap. But what could she want?!" Sofia groaned.

"Whos Wormwood?"

"A sneaky, scheming and conniving raven. Hes oh just a lot of things. When Prisma got ahold of Grimhildes crown it was because of Wormword!" Sofia explained.

"Wait, you dont suppose Prisma would attempt to steal another Wicked Nine do you?" Chrysta furrowed her brow.

"I dont know. Ill be there as soon as I can!" Sofia replied.

Moments after Sofia landed, Amber, Orion and Vega had joined them.

"What is it Sofia?"

"Wormwood, hes the one who gave the anonymus tip. We have to make sure Prisma doesnt use that Nessi-key." Sofia said quickly.

"Your Majesties, please excuse us. Amber you had best wait here." Vega stated.

"Oh fine." Amber huffed.

*

As soon as the Protectos had left, Azurine began to entertain the royal family with her crystal creations.

While everyone was watching Azurine, no one saw a small rat with a white diamond slither around.

"Now your crystal creations are amazing!" Rolan exclaimed.

"Thank you your Majesty." Azurime bowed, lifting her crystal wand high up.

At that moment, Wormwood swept down with a caw and grabbed the crystal wand. Azurine gasped,  "Oh no! HELP!"

"What good will screaming do?" James asked scratching his head.

"It will alert the Protectors. Where is Wormwood going?!" Amber groaned

"Sofia mentioned he was working with Prisma, you dont think?..." Azurine trailed off.

"Yes, Im afraid the clues point to Prisma." Roland replied looking grave. "When Sofia returns, we will all have to go home."