Evil Queens Box Part 1

Takes place after the adventures @ the mystic Isles...

"Now class..." Faunna began, but the bell for recess began.

All the students cheered.

"We will pick up in an hour." Fauna smiled as everyone filed out.

Sofia was about to join her friends when her Enchanlet beeped. She covered the braclet firmly and ran to the closest bathroom.

Once alone, Sofia flicked her wrist. "Sofia here."

"We need you now Sofia." Chrysta saod as her head appeared

Sofia sighed, "I cant just leave! Im in school."

Chrysta rolled her eyes, and put a roll of parchment through the communication bubble. "Take that to your teacher. Who is it?"

"Faunna, one of the-" Sofia was cut off.

"One of the good faries! She will understand. Go show her the note, then meet me on the Isle of Protectors!" Chrysta demanded then clicked off.

Sofia sighed and slipped the note into her pocket. She left the bathroom and bumped into Zooey.

"Sorry, Zooey." Sofia blushed

"Were you talking to someone in here?" Zooey asked.

"No, you must be imagining things, I have to go." Sofia replied quickly leaving the bathroom.

She went to the Good faries' office. "Miss Faunna?"

"In here, dear." The light voice answered.

Sofia came in to find Faunna dusting. "Its Sofia, I have some news."

Faunna flew down and faced Sofia. "What is it dear?"

Silently Sofia took the rolled parchment from her pocket and gave it to the fairy.

Faunnas eyebows went up. "I see the urgency in this. When were you asked to become this?"

"A few months back I-" Sofia replied but stopped when her Enchantlet began ringing. "Sorry." She flicked her wrist as Chrystas face appeared.

"Come on, oh hello there." Chrysta smiled. "Princess we havent got all day! We need to get Wicked Queens heart box, pronto! Meet me in Kingdom Merrimont!"

Sofia turned to Fauna, "I hope you dont mind if I take your form." She held her amulet and in a puff of pink smoke, wings appeared on her back.

"You can shapeshift?!" Faunna gasped

"Yes, but please dont tell anyone about my abilities or what Im about to do. Those who know will be in danger. The last thing I need is my family worried about me." Sofia winced.

"Good luck dear. I wont tell a soul." Faunna waved her wand allowing the window to open.

*

Sofia flew out of the window at RPA and went south. She heard her father talk periodically about Merrimont. She knew thats where Snow White lives.

"Oh I hope I wont be home late." Sofia mumbled.

When she was far enough away from her school did she ready her Whichway bow. "Which way to Chrysta?" She released the arrow and followed the rainbow. Her wings beating the air as fast as they could.

"Finally Princess!" Chrysta laughed.

"Sorry Chrysta, Ive never been here before." Sofia replied as she returned to her normal human self.

"Ok. So that strangling was spotted here just two hours ago. The Evil Queens box is locked up tight, and we are to guard it until Snow White returns." Chrysta explained

"When will that be?" Sofia asked

"Hmm..when the moon reaches the sky." Chrysta said casually.

Sofia sighed, "ok. I hope my family wont be mad with me."

*

"Where is Princess Sofia?" Flora asked Marryweather when tbe students came into the building.

Fauna had no choice but to show them the note Sofia gave her. "Come here in our office." Fauna silently handed the rolled up scroll to her friends.

"Very intresting. Those Protectors choose the right Princess." Flora replied.

"Did Sofia say when she'd return?" Marryweather asked

"No, and we cant tell anyone. Sofia stressed that if anyone but us knew, they'd be in danger." Faunna said at once.

"What about Princess Amber and Prince James? Surely they'd want to know where Sofia disappeared to."  Flora said impatiently.

The three fairies werent aware that Amber was evesdropping. She closed her eyes and thought about going to her sister.

Ambers eyes flew open at, "Amber, what are you doing here?!"

"Sofia, where am I?" Amber demanded.

Sofia groaned and prepared her Whichway bow. "Which way to RPA?"

"Go follow that rainbow of color back." Sofia suggested.

"I cant fly."

"Wish to be a fairy. You have an Amulet of Avalor, use it." Sofia raised an eyebrow.

"But, I wanted to help." Amber pouted.

"Last time I let you cone with me, the Mystic Isles almost lost all its magic." Sofia crossed her arms.

"Im sorry Princess, you should go." Chrysta replied turning to Amber.

"Ive changed Sofia! The Protectors wouldn't give me an Amulet like yours if I didnt!" Amber protested pulling it out from under her dress.

Sofia sighed, "fine, lets connect our Amulets. I read about a Sisters Vow. We can swear over our necklaces. If you come with us, you have to listen to me. Otherwise, your amulet will send you home." Sofia stated as Ambers amulet glowed a deep red.

"Fine I promise. Now what are we up to?" Amber sighed as she shook on the deal.

"We are here to protect the Evil Queens box from a strangling." Sofia explained.

"Strangling?"

"A nasty creature of the Isles, it can shape shift into any animal." Chrysta added in quickly.

"So can we, as long as we're looking at the animal. We can play his shapeshifter game." Sofia smirked.

"I like the sound of that." Amber smiled.