Lady Tremaines Key Part 3

"What do you think would mean the most to Cinderella? Actions speak louder than words." Sofia stated.

Tremaine lit up. "There was this necklace Ella loved so much. She said her mother gave it to her. I- took it when Francis died."

"Why dont you return it to her?" Sofia asked.

Tremaine shook her head. "I wont be allowed in. Cinderella took pity on me. She asked her fairy godmother to return us to human form. But I think thats as far as it will go."

Sofia huffed. How will I give this story a happy ending? She wondered

"If you could give Cinderella that necklace, would you?" Sofia asked

"Yes. With my deepest apologies." The old woman replied.

Sofia sighed, "If I told you that you could get to Cinderella and make amends would you do it?"

"Yes!" Tremaine answered.

"Ok. I am letting you borrow something very special to me. I will need it back once you are done." Sofia unclaimed her amulet and held it out to Tremaine.

"Your necklace? How can this help me?" Tremaine asked. Sofia didn't miss the greedy gleam in her eye.

"Nevermind it was an idea that probably wouldn't work." Sofia hastily snapped her amulet around her neck.

"I wish I could show Cinderella how sorry I am." Tremaine sighed.

No sooner had Tremaine made the wish, that a series of sparkles appeared. They collected together to form a woman in light blue robes.

The woman saw Sofia and smiled ."Princess Sofia, Storykeeper of Enchancia and Protector of the Ever Realm. Its a  honor to meet you!"

"You are Cinderella fairy godmother!" Sofia gasped shaking the fairys hand.

"I heard a wish and came over...Lady Tremaine." The fairy chastised.

"Please, I need help, and it involves Lady Tremaine." Sofia explained quickly.

"She is part of a story Sofia?" The fairy asked.

"Yes, and I need to give her happy ending. Please, do it for me, Storykeeper and Princess of Enchancia?" Sofia batted her eyes.

The fairy, sighed heavily, "you are right. Its time I helped Cinderella again." She waved her wand turning Lady Tremaine into a maid for the castle. "You can pretend to be a maid to sneak in. Make sure to bring the item you took from young Ella."

"I will, and thank you." Tremaine placed a few moments she knew her stepdaughter would want.

"I suggest you join her Princess." The fairy advised.

"Of course I will."

At the castle, Tremaine ended up sneaking into Cinderella room and left the bag of momentos on the princess' desk. "Im out of here!"

"Wait, at least sign your name!" Sofia insisted.

Suddenly footsteps could be heard and a woman gasped. "Sofia? Stepmother?!"

"Cinder- Ella, I am so sorry for the way I've treated you through the years. To show how truely sorry I am, I brought a few items that I've been meaning to return." Tremaine replied.

Cinderella jaw dropped. Silently, she moved to the desk and opened the bag. Inside was an elegant sapphire amulet, a simple gold band, and an old silver charm bracelet. "Thank you for returning these to me. Now, please..."

Lady Tremaine bowed her head, "of course Princess. I know how much the items mean to you. I loved your father so much that when he died, I couldn't stand to be reminded of him. That included you."

Cinderella released a short breath  "I see. Thank you again. Now, I will have a carriage to take you home."

Sofia watched dismayed as Tremaine left the castle. "Cinderella, why are you being so...mean? That's not who you are!"

"Sofia, its one thing to be nice, and another go be totally walked over. That's what my stepmother did to me when my father died! Returning these jewelery pieces was a start." Cinderella huffed. "Maybe someday I truely can forgive her."

"Fair enough. Now, I must go." Sofia activated the teleporter feature on her Enchantlet and returned to the Isle of Protectors.

"Wheres Chrysta?" Sofia called.

"Sofia, there you are!" Vega exclaimed.

"Sorry, I had some unfinished business to take care of in Cinderellas kingdom." Sofia answered.

"Understandable. You may return home." Vega replied.

Sofia released a sigh, "I bailed on my mom."

"What?"

"To come here, I bailed on her. I had my sorcerer clone me so my mom wouldn't notice me missing." Sofia shook her head.

"I see this bothers you. To keep the secret." Vega stated.

"Sorry Chief. This is my problem, not your concern. Call me when another item is located." Sofia plastered on a smile.

"Will do, but Sofia...there is a way to gain the clones memory. Take this." Vega held out a simple gold bracelet.

"What is that?"

"A Memory Transfer. Slip it onto the wrist of the clone for 10 seconds. The bracelet will turn red. After the memories are in it, the bracelet will return to gold. Slip it on, and you will gain those memories." Vega explained 

"Thank you Vega!"

"its the least I could do for all you've done for the Mystic Iles." Vega smiled.

*

"Mr. Cedric!" Sofia knocked on his door.

"Which Princess are you?" Cedric asked obviously amused.

"The real Sofia. I need your help." Sofia answered.

Quickly the princess located her mother in the village park. "Dont get rid of the clone just yet."

Sofia wished to be invisible and she crept to her clone, slipped on the bracelet and waited the te  seconds. After doing so, she clasped the bracelet around her own wrist.

The clone Sofia felt a tug on her wrist. "Mom, I'll be right back."

"Ok Sofia." Miranda answered.

The clone left looking back and forth when the real Sofia yanked on the clones arm. "Change out of your dress."

The clone quickly changed out as Sofia became visible. Once she had on her sporty dress, "Now Mr. Cedric!"

Cedric vanished the clone leaving Sofia as the only princess. "Now run back to your mother."

Sofia did so,  and the two enjoyed the rest of the beautiful afternoon. Sofia vowed to return to the Library later, but for now, she deserved to be with her mom, remembering the simple times.

The End