Chapter 5: Trapped

As soon as Prisma had left, Vega and Orion arrived.

"Chrysta, where is Sofia?"

"This may be hard to believe, but she was pulled into the amulet!" Chrysta replied.

Orion brought out a shatter stone to free Chrysta from the prison.

"Wait, Princess Sofia is now inside her amulet?!" Vega exclaimed picking up the necklace.

"Yes, like how we trapped Vor into that locket. But how will we get Sofia out?" Chrysta asked.

*

Inside the amulet...

After Sofia landed from her long free fall, she sighed in defeat. "Now what am I to do?! Prisma is still out there, and Im in here. Hmm...I wonder..."

Sofia began to search inside the amulet to see if there was a way to communicate with the outside world.

"I wish Elena could have taught me some tricks." Sofia thought to herself.

Seconds later, in a puff of red smoke, the Crown Princess of Avalor was there in front of Sofia.

"Elena?! What are you doing here?" Sofia gasped.

"You asked for me, Sofia whats going.." Elena paused to see her surroundings. "Did someone force you in here?"

"Yes! I only wanted to learn how to communicate with the outside world. Like you did. Im sorry you have to be in here again." Sofia sighed.

"Its ok, after all you did for me. I'd fo anything to help you." Elena smiled
"Ok, now think of your favorite color.."

*

Moments later, the amulet glowed a deep purple. This caused all the Protectors to gasp.

"We had best get to HQ to figure this out." Orion suggested.

"Where is my princess?" Skye asked joining the Protectors.

Vega held up the Amulet of Avalor. "I thought my princesses amulet was pink not purple." Skye comnented.

"Skye, Sofia is inside the amulet." Chrysta replied looking shaken.

"What? No!" Skye gasped

Once everyone was at HQ, the consulting began.

"How do we find out more about the amulet?" Chrysta asked.

*

Meanwhile, Sofia listened to Elenas words on how to control the amulets magic.

"Sofia, I dont know how long you will be trapped in here, but I know it wont be as long as me. Since a spell drew you in, getting out isnt going be straight forward." Elena explained.

Sofia groaned, "its as if I had been cursed!"

"In a way you have. Remember how i would lift the curses from you?" Elena asked

"Yes, I had to do a good deed to make up for whatever you cursed me for." Sofia answered at once.

"That is your answer, but the person who can free you isnt youself. You have to relay on the people out there to help you." Elena pointed out. Sofia followed her finger to find Vega, Orion, Chrysta and Skye all looking down at her.

"Do you think I can get out of here?" Sofia asked in a small voice.

"You got me out. How willing are you to fight for your freedom?"

"Thank you. I wish you could go back to Avalor." As soon as Sofia said it, Elena began to fade in a puff of red smoke.

"Good luck Sofia."

*

"Look, its glowing again!" Vega exclaimed when she handed the necklace to Chrysta.

"What is Sofia saying?" Chrysta asked.

"I think she wants you to wear the amulet." Orion answered.

"Ok, but how will that get her out?"

"I think I know." Orion waved his hand over the crystal ball. There a 16 year old girl in a red dress appeaered wearing the amulet of avalor.

"Who is that?" Vega and Chrysta asked in unison.

"Princess Elena of Avalor. I heard a story a while ago about how Elena got trapped inside her amulet for 41 years. It wasnt until she chose Sofia to free her." Orion replied as he waved his hand.

The scene inside the ball changed to show Sofia freeing Elena. "But something tells me, the way to free Sofia cant happen like it did with Elena." Orion sighed.

"I agree." Vega replied.

"What are we to do?" Chrysta asked as she fastened the necklace around her neck.

The Protectors looked at one another, unsure how to answer that question.

*

Sofia hated to be on the inside looking out, but she had to lead Chrysta to Prisma. By stopping Prisma, Sofia knew that the world would be better off. She didnt care if she was trapped forever in the amulet like Elena was. All Sofia cared about was her family, friends and kingdom staying safe.

She used the knowledge Elena gave her to locate Prisma and direct Chrysta there. She only hoped the Protectors werent too late to stop her.