Addict: Part 1 Slipped away

Damian walked out of the party. He was drunk, high and probably stoned. He didn't remember. He had called his brothers for a ride and now stood on the street waiting for them. He lazyly fixed his shirt that had some stains on it from beverages and some of the hookups he had had that night. Damian looked up as a orange pickup truck rolled up in front of him and he frowned.

"What are you doing here?" He said glaring at the driver.

"Just get in the car Dami." Jon answered as he looked straight ahead on the road. Damian paused before turning away.

"I'm walking home." He stated as he started walking. Jon drove next to him.

"Get in the freaking car Damian!" Jon screamed at him and Damian met the half kryptonians stare. Damian rolled his eyes, which hurt, and stopped, getting in the car as soon as Jon stopped. He slammed the door shut. But Jon wasn't moving. Damian looks at him and Jon was looking straight ahead. "I'm not going anywhere till you put on your seatbelt.

"Are you fucking serious." Damian sighed.

"Seatbelt" Jon commanded and Damian put on his seatbelt and did an over the top gesture to show he was now seated. The car started rolling and the two entered a tense silence. Damian glanced at Jon and tried to sound as nonchalant as he could.

"So why are you picking me up." Jon didn't take his eyes off the road.

"The others were busy. Dick asked me to make sure you got home."

"Tt, and you agreed." Damian scoffed and Jon tightened his grip on the steering wheel, trying to hold back anger. He swallowed, composing himself.

"Why wouldn't I?" Damian turned to him, wide eyed. The drugs and alcohol in his system removing his thought filter.

"OH I don't fucking know, the fact that you broke up with me comes to mind!" Damian said, throwing his arms up in the air.

"You gave me no freaking choice!" Jon yelled back, not being able to hold back his anger. And so a fight ensued.

"Here we go again, I can't be held accountable for your decisions Jon, you left!"

"Yes Damian, I left! Because you were toxic, and manipulative. You have an addiction and I tried. I freaking tried Damian, I tried for a year to make us work, but you didn't even meet me halfway! Yes I left you, but you broke us up! You! Not me!"

"Oh so if I'm so horrible then why are you here?!" Damian yelled and Jon tried desperately to stay on the road and control his superstrength.

"Because Damian, I still care! I love you and that isn't just going to change. Believe me I wish I could Just turn off my feelings for you but that ain't the way it works, now is it! So unlike you, I still care!"

"You don't think I care?!"

"I don't know Damian, because you don't tell me. You never tell me anything! You never let me in! And you became so cold and unreachable when you are high that it's impossible to even try and guess!" Damian didn't answer and stayed quiet. They drove the rest of the way in silence. When Jon stopped outside Damian's apartment Damian turned to him.

"Jonathan." Jon didn't dare look at him, he knew what he would see. He would see those emerald eyes that he so easily got lost in and he would do just that, get lost. "Jonathan, I do care and I do love you. I'm sorry I don't know how to show you that." Damian's velvet voice was intoxicating and Jon glanced at his ex, and there they were. The emerald green eyes, he adored. He swallowed and Damian leaned over and connected their lips. Jon was swept away in the moment, getting lost in the bliss of having the arabs perfect lips on his own. He felt Damians hand go up to cup his cheek. Jon felt like he was losing himself in Damian. Damian parted his lips allowing Jon entry but the spell broke as the taste of alcohol and weed hit his tongue he pulled back and gently pushed Damian away.

"Please Dami just get out, you are high, this isn't fair." Damian's hand cupped Jon's cheek again.

"Jon I'm not high I'm-" Damian didn't get to finish as Jon removed his hand from his cheek.

"Don't fucking lie to me Damian, you stink, I felt it the second you got in the car and you taste of alcohol and so much else I don't wanna know what it is! Just get out, please." Jon had tears in his eyes.

"Jon, beloved." Damian said with pleading eyes. Jon shook his head.

"No, Dami, no. I can't do this again, I love you too much. If you ever decide to get clean we could try again, but otherwise. Stay out of my life." Jon turned to look at the road. Damian was looking at his ex. He wanted to be better.

"I'm sorry, but after everything I have been through, you don't understand..."

"No I don't, I really don't. So please, get out before I make you." Jon said as a tear ran down his cheek. Damian looked hopeless. He wanted Jon, he loved Jon.

"Okey, I'm leaving." Damian got out of the car and closed the door, looking in through the open window. "I love you Jonathan." He said with his velvet voice and it took everything Jon had to not give in. He gathered his voice.

"If you really loved me, you would have stopped when I left you, but you clearly love your high more than you ever loved me." Jon said, his voice breaking at the end as he started the car and started driving away down the street. Damian stood on the sidewalk, looking at the tail lights of his beloved's car. He stood there till Jon was out of sight then he turned and walked into his apartment. It was quiet. Too quiet. He missed the large manor, that was filled with all his brothers and sisters, but no here he was. Drunk, high, stoned, sad and alone. He walked over to his kitchen, kicking off his shoes as he did. He opened the fridge but it was basically empty. He drank some juice that stood in the door and threw the empty box in the sink. He walked to his bedroom where he flopped on his bed. Looking at the ceiling. He laid there letting his height mid wander. And at the same time, not too far from there, another boy sat in his car crying his heart out.