In love with the enemy part 3 (NSFW)

(Smut!)

Slade pov

I limp into my apartment a few hours after the explosion, it has taken forever to get here. I swear I heal slower nowadays, I guess I'm getting old. I think I lock the door behind me and then I pull myself to the couch where I fall down. I'm losing too much blood. Everything is spinning, but a part of me doesn't care. Damian is safe. That's all that matters, he is with the bats, they'll take care of him. I absolutely hate the Joker, creating chaos because of his mad mind, not even Ra's wants to work with him. When I heard he escaped I started following him, I guessed it was the thing bats had called Grayson and the others in to handle so I stayed back, letting them do their shit and not getting in the way, and then I saw Robin enter the building, but he wasn't coming out. Curiosity got the better of me and I moved to the building where I heard Joker's voice counting down. I ran, I ran faster than I ever think I have before and when I saw him I just knew I had to cover him. He had to live. After that it's just a blur. I think he got me out, and then I saw him leave with the bats. I think we talked but I can't remember about what. I sigh as I feel myself pass out again.

When I wake up it's dark outside, the apartment is lit with a single lamp. I'm still on the couch but it's different. I'm laying straight on my back. One leg set in a bend and the other perched up with a pillow under my knee and under my foot. I also have a pillow under my neck. Making me look up at the ceiling. I blink, trying to get rid of the grogginess. My ears are still ringing but it's better. I twist my neck. Looking down at my body, I freeze. Sitting on the floor next to me, with his head laying on his arms on the couch is Damian. What the hell? What is he doing here? I look him over. He is bandaged up a lot himself but is now fast asleep. I don't want to wake him up but as if he can feel me staring( which he probably can) he shifts and soon the gem green orbs flutter open and look at me.

Damian pov

When I had arrived at the safe house I found Slade basically bleeding out on the couch. So I quickly got to work. Resetting his knee, stitching up his wounds and laying him comfortably on the cough. I still felt exhausted and fell asleep as I was observing him. Now I shift and open my eyes. I look up to Slade's face and freeze as I see his grey eye staring back at me. I lift my head. Keeping a tense eye contact.

"You are awake?" I state in a low whisper. Still not having full control of my hearing.

"You are one to talk." Slade skoffs and I can't help but smile. He shifts and I help him rearrange the pillows under his legs. I keep on fussing over the pillows. Wanting a reason to not look back into his beautiful eye. "What are you doing here kid?" I stop. Swallowing nervously.

"I...I just needed to make sure you were alright." I state, still not giving eye contact even if I can feel Slade staring at me. ¨

"Why? You know I heal."He states and I sit back on my heels and look at the floor.

"I... It just seemed like you weren't healing as fast as before. Otherwise you wouldn't need glasses." I see at the corner of my eye how Slade raises a brow. Clearly not believing that this was the only reason.

"Kid, I do fine on my own you didn't have to-"

"Yes I did! You saved my life, I owed you!..." I interrupt glaring up at the older man. Slade's demeanour softened.

"You aren't an assassin anymore Damian, you don't have to live by the code." I look away. Is that really why I did this? Because of the assassins code. A tense silence settles between us and I feel my heart beat harder in my chest. I wet my lips.

"You were hurt, and...I couldn't let someone I care for die." I look up at Slade whose eyes widen, like if he just remembered something. "Thats what you said, wasn't it?" Slade is staring unblinkingly at me, not saying a word. Finely I can't take it anymore and push myself up, but as I put weight on my foot I stumble. "Fuck!" I swear as the pain shoots up my leg. Slade quickly jolts up.