Baby bird - Part two

Part two and boi is it long (3108 words)

Damian was staring at the food in front of him in suspicion, he narrowed his eyes and poked it with his fork.

"Is something wrong Son?" Damian looked up at the man claiming to be his father that also sat at the breakfast table. Damian narrowed his eyes into slits.

"How do I know this isn't poisonous?" A smile tugged on Bruce's lips as the five year old pointed at the cheese sandwich. Bruce stood up and walked over to his son, grabbing the knife and cutting a small part from the sandwich and eating it.

"There, not poisonous." He said in a soft voice and Damian looked at the sandwich again. He was hungry, starving really, but he still felt very unsure if he could trust the large man. At that moment Jason came out from the kitchen with a plate of food for himself but he stopped as he saw Damian looking at the sandwich with unsure eyes.

"Just fucking eat it Damian." He growled, not being much of a morning person. Damian looked at Jason and then nodded and started to eat. Taking a small bite at first but soon devouring the actually very delicious sandwich. Jason rolled his eyes as he sat down in between Bruce and Damian. "Where's Timbers?" He asked before taking a spoonful of his scrambled eggs.

"He is informing the others about the situation and also telling Dick." Jason stopped eating. He hadn't even thought of dick. He fucking loved Damian, it would kill him to not have the kid remember him.

"Who is Dick?" Jasons head snapped to the side and looked at the child that held a confused look.

"He is my adopted son, so your brother. Just like Jason and Tim are." Bruce answered softly.

"And Jon?" Damian asked. "Is he your son too?" Jason and Bruce shared a look. "He is the one who flew me here right?" Damian continued and Bruce cleared his throat.

"Yes, Jonathan flew you here, but no he is not my son. He is the son of a close friend of mine." Damian furrowed his brow and he looked into the table.

"He said we were friends." Jason felt his heart ache. Damian and Jon had got together not too long ago, finally becoming official after dancing around each other for years and now this. He really felt bad for the super.

"Jay?" Jason snapped out of his thoughts as he once again looked at the small child. " When is mother coming to get me?" Bruce froze and Jason swallowed.

"I don't know Damian." Damian crossed his arms.

"The last thing I remember is going to sleep in my bed on infinity island and then I woke up at that strange place in those clothes with...Jon." Jason and Bruce shared a look and Bruce stood up walking over to Damian, kneeling.

"Your mother left you here for me to take care of you. She had some things she needed to take care of and she wanted you to get to know me and your brothers.'' Bruce was careful not to lie since he knew Damian could detect it. Those were the reasons Talia had left Damian all those years ago, to learn from his father and brothers and to protect him. Bruce just left out that all that happened years ago. Damian nodded. Suddenly Bruce's phone rang and he quickly pulled it up. "Hello. Yes, yes that is the situation, thank you for calling me back." Bruce stood up and ruffled Damian's hair, earning a scowl, before he walked away.

"Is he really my father?" Damian asked into the air.

"Yup." Damian turned to look at Jason. "Undeniably so. Believe me there has been discussion but the DNA test doesn't lie. You are definitely his kind." The corners of Damian's lips tugged upwards slightly. Suddenly the balcony doors burst open as a strong wind grabbed them and a second later a superman came to a halt just before he set his feet down on the ground and walked in.