0 1 9: new friends

TW: mentions drug dealing, fire

It was really quiet after that until Alex's lighted up his lighter again,

"Hey that lighter, it has your surname on it", you tilted to him.

"Yeah, got it from my dad after he..you know retired", he says as he scratched his neck he's smile faded.

You stared at the fire not paying attention to him for the first few seconds but then shook your head "yeah! At least he's ok and not...dead you know?"

"Yeah..even though we barely even talk or text each other haha..", he says as he kept pushing his hair into his beanie

You quickly looked beside him and had an idea.
You leaned back and slowly targeted your arm behind his head. Then you quickly took his beanie away.

"Woah- dude you've been growing a mullet?! Damn you look hot!", you say on purpose as a joke.

"What the fuck- are you serious?", he says as he puts his hair away from covering his face.

"Maybe...no you don't, did you thought I meant it?"

"Pfft no of course I saw that coming", he lyingly says.

"Right...but you look great with your long mullet", you say not paying attention to where your hand was.

"Uh y/n? You do know you're petting me like a goddamn cat you know?", he awkwardly says to you.

"Oh shit- ehm, yeah I didn't pay attention but damn it's so soft. I expected it to be greasy and sweaty.", you say as you rub his beanie with your thumb.

"I shower after AND before the meeting what did you expect, dumbass"

"Say why do you still have your LAFD beanie after all these years?", you say as you put his beanie on.

"Memories, I've decided that ever since you left Mexico why not leave something to remember you by except for..", without finishing his sentence he pulled up his sleeve and showed a bracelet with sapphire gems on it.

"A few gems fell off but I managed to collect them and give them in a little container.", he says chuckling.

"Y/n/n? Are you good? You've been staring at my wrist for a good 10 seconds"

"I-I'm fine! Just I didn't know that you would've still had that for....7 years!", you say with a bright smile.

"Oh...yeah..yeah I kept it for 7 years!", he says matching your energy.

You two started laughing and chatting trying to catch up on things from the past. Your favourite foods, animals. And competing like you two used to. Who was a better leader, who's better at shooting even who would be better at drug dealing

"Say do you want some drugs?", he jokingly asks.

You played along cause you two are basically sharing the same brain cells. "Of course good sir, where are they?" You two kept on blabbering the dumbest stuff you two would and could do together.

Until you realised it was late enough and took his beanie off.

"Uh..Alex I think it's time we should get some rest", you suggested.

"Awwe shit what time is it?", he asks. "I don't know...but I know for a fact that it's hella late"

"Right well then...", he gets up and held his hand out.

"Thank you senior Maldonado", you thank him as you took his hand.

As you stood up, Alex started to lose balance and was on the edge of the roof. On-time you quickly grabbed his hand and tried balancing yourself and him at the same time.