45- Aftermath

September 18th, 1564

My dearest king, my love

  Unfortunately we were attacked by the Huguenots.  7 servants have died and 4 faithful guards.  We're all fine except your wife, Mary.

  It is with a heavy heart that I have to inform you that she lost your child after falling down the stairs.  Looks like god didn't grant her.

  Your son is doing well, he is patiently waiting for your return.we will travel with Cecily to their home in nantes until you return.

I miss you and I pray every day for you and that you win the battle.

  I hope I see you again soon.

  Your faithful servant.

  bianca.

I gave the letter to Joan who was going to send it and then went to Mary's room.

"I am here to inform you of our departure. My son and I are going to Nantes until the king returns."  I said as I stood at the bed.  She has been in bed since her miscarriage.

She looked at me from under the covers "I already told you that Louis will not leave the palace."  she said annoyed.

"I don't care. I'm taking my son to safety and have already informed Francis about it, also about your miscarriage, by the way. I'm leaving today."  I turned and left the room without making a curtsy.

~

Three weeks passed and France won the battle against England.

Francis returned to Fontainebleau and sent for me and our son.  Queen Catherine also returned from Spain.

The victory was lavishly celebrated with three nights of celebrations.  The mood at court hadn't been this happy in months.

Francis didn't seem to care that Mary had lost the child.  He barely paid her any attention on his return and instead returned to my bed.

My star was rising at court and my influence on Francis was growing.

Next chapter we will continue 1 or 2 years.

If you have any suggestions for the book, I'd love to hear them.  Tips are also very welcome.