FOUR | itachi's guilt. part i.

[NOTES]; just wanted to state that the love interest in this book will be both male & female characters. anyways enjoy this once again rather longer than usual chapter, which will be split into two parts..! hoping to double update later today for part 2..!

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

BEFORE NARUTO PART ONE —

╭────────────╮
[Name]'s PERSPECTIVE

Konoha Academy.
HIDDEN LEAF.
╰────────────╯

A few weeks had passed since the loss of her Mother, [Name] returned to school the following week after receiving her letters & cards from the class. Upon returning, she had made up for the day she was supposed to go get Ramen with Naruto & had also formed new bonds with people within her class, surprisingly having become friends with the two most popular girls in her class; Ino Yamanaka & Sakura Haruno. "Oh my Jashin.. she's here..!" The sound of a familiar classmate gushed over the sight of seeing [Name] in the classroom, "Ino!! Come on let's go ask her..!"

Looking over at the two girls that mentioned her, [Name] rose an eyebrow in curiosity as Sakura Haruno & Ino Yamanaka scrambled her way. "[Name]—" Sakura paused, her face began to redden before even asking the question. "Would..you um..like to come over to me & Ino's sleepover tonight? I-If you weren't busy!"

She wasn't sure why she found herself so intimidated by [Name], not sure if it was due to the similarities of Sasuke & [Name]'s blank expressions had that intimidated her. She drew out a stare at the two before reflecting over. A smile came across her face as she asked, "What time does it start?"

"4 o'clock! At my house! Make sure to bring a pillow." Ino responded back with an equally bright smile to the girl, somewhat surprised that she had accepted it due to the recent quiet demeanor she composed and almost reluctance she had sometimes. "Okay, I'll see you then." The two girls had squealed once they were out of earshot of [Name]. The two had hoped that inviting her out more & including her would help the girl in her recovery, and..maybe..just maybe bring them closer to Sasuke..but that was an undisclosed thing neither had truly spoken about, but oh were they thinking about it.

A few minutes had passed before Naruto walked into the class, his eyes gleamed as he noticed [Name] in the second row of the classroom. Running over to her, he quickly took his seat next to her as he explained the morning ventures that caused him to be slightly late today. The girl listened intently, and as he finished he asked one simple question — "Can we go out for Ramen today!?", [Name] frowned upon the question, Naruto believing to upset the girl had begun to frantically apologize to the girl, suddenly grabbing the attention of the class.

"Uh oh.." Shikamaru had said from above the two, staring intently, maybe a little too intently alongside Choji at what trainwreck their friend Naruto would possibly cause today. "N-No..nothing like that!" The Uchiha-Hyuga quickly explained to the Uzumaki before his mind shifted depressively, "Me.., Ino & Sakura have a sleepover after school and—" Shikamaru, still being nosey listened on at the announcement, wondering what possibly possessed his friend Ino, to have a sleepover, which was rare of her. She must've been trying to expose Shikamaru to [Name]..

"Oh." Naruto replied sadly before he hiked up the mention of 'Sakura' "Wait..did you say.., Sakura..as in Sakura Haruno...?!" He whispered yelled, despite the two boys behind them hearing on to the conversation. "Heh..can you put in a good..word for me..ya know..?" he suggested to his friend before him, [Name] raised an eyebrow in confusion upon the request. "Naruto..do you..have a..— Nevermind." she paused, before feeling the boring eyes of an unusual Nara, looking up she stared up at Shikamaru, who shook it off as if he wasn't listening to the two. "What..?" he mumbled out, side-eyeing Choji who honestly, couldn't be concerned about this.