FORTY NINE | congratulations

idk if i will be liked or hated for this decision made within this chapter but it was thought about for some time..........enjoy the chapter! and if needed, to understand the beginning of this chapter, please refer to chap 44 first 3??? paragraphs that are bolded

some forewarnings: mentions of miscarriages

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮
'Tsukuyomi'

PERSPECTIVE

Land Of Ancestors

╰────────────╯

It started some time ago. Tsukuyomi was only granted this life if she continued Kaguya's legacy. Somehow. She wasn't sure how it would be achieved though. But the Ōtsutsuki brothers fit into the plan perfectly...and over time it wasn't a plan anymore. It just became apart of her life. Tsukuyomi had met the two brothers, Asura and Indra, intrigued by their teachings of Ninshu and falling under the teachings of Indra to understand the meaning of such. And Indra had fallen smitten with her, and quickly, but so did Asura too, and Indra had noticed it all too well.

And then a time came for the legacy to be passed on, to either Indra or Asura, and so many signs had led to Indra until it wasn't. It was Asura, but Tsukuyomi had never left either of the male's side, equally choosing to cherish and care for them. But Indra was protective, and he was scared he would lose the only thing he had left. Tsukuyomi. And so it led to fights and arguments between the two brothers. All seemingly focusing back to two main topics, the legacy of their family and Tsukuyomi.

Each time it got worse. Each time they were left battered and Tsukuyomi always tried to stop them. Until one day. She found herself too close to the clashing fist, the ninshu that was being weaponized. And then it happened. She lost it — she lost her child during one of their fights. "Indra...—" Something didn't feel right, as she stumbled into Indra, and he could see it through his Sharingan.

He grabbed hold of Tsukuyomi tightly as he looked at his brother Asura with anger in his eyes. The latter hadn't realized what he did, but he grew concerned and quickly. He ran towards the two, only to be stopped by Indra as he screamed out to him. "LEAVE! This is your FAULT!" He wailed into Tsukuyomi's hair as he held her tightly. Asura watched from afar. As he just stood there. What..had he done...?

[Name] gasped out of her sleep, the dream before her having felt superficially realistic this time around. Beads of sweat penetrated her forehead, and she felt as if she was running a fever and a bad one at that. She groaned as she felt herself trapped in Sasuke's sleepful embrace that prevented her from moving, sighing, she didn't bother budging to loosen herself from the grip he had on her. She started shivering suddenly, causing for Sasuke to groggily wake up as he felt the little shakes from her that caused her to shiver. "You're..cold..?" he mumbled out, bringing her closer to her, her face buried within his chest at this point. She tensed up, as she was fearful she was going to get Sasuke sick with the route she was going at this point.

But little did she know, it was most definitely more than sickness...

...

The following morning, she felt better, slightly. She had awoken to being violently sick and was unsure of what the hell she had caught. "Jashin..." she mumbled as a wave of nausea hit her again, and she groaned out in discomfort at the feelings she felt in her body at that moment. Scrabbling herself up from the corner she stationed herself in along with her bucket she began to walk towards the exit of the rocky room she was in. As she exited the room, she hadn't heard the pitter-patter of walking coming from her right as she had been so deep into thought about whatever she had caught. By the time she looked up, she found herself colliding with Suigetsu. "Ow...." he mumbled out, "Geez dude are you paying attention at all...?" Suigetsu then asked the girl, who stayed silent upon the question.