THIRTY NINE | gone.

sorry for the lack of updates, i was out of town and had sm shit to do once i got back home lmao, i love how I'm probably the busiest person i know but I'm still making time for writing, its rlly my peace. ANDD alsoo at one point i make up a jutsu, just go along with it dont question it 😭

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮

NARUTO's PERSPECTIVE

Orochimaru's Northern hideout

Kusagakure
╰────────────╯

There was a lot of hope in him.

Hope that she would be here alongside him. "Sasuke...!" Naruto screamed throughout the empty corridors, the sounds of his running echoed throughout the hallways. Along his trip to this hideout, he found himself in a easy distraught, more prone to unleashing his Nine-tails chakra again. And he could feel it rising again.

He couldn't sense her, and he couldn't sense him. Was it all a fluke? Had he truly went through all this trouble, just for what he expected to be here not here? He cursed incoherently under his breath as he swiftly turned down another hall, before he saw Sakura always turning from the other end. "I—" she stuttered out, trying to catch her breath in the process. "I don't..see either of them.."

As the Uzumaki opened his mouth, it closed quickly and he whipped his head quickly upon hearing a loud crash in the distance. "What the—" and without thought, he went running towards it, as the Haruno followed suit. A large hole, glaring with sunshine was near in the distance. And he believed this to be the moment. As Sai came in view and he seemed to be looking up from outside the hole, not noticing the Uzumaki or Haruno in the distance. They ran, closer and closer until it came in view. Until he came in view.

It was quiet, as he looked up and saw the Uchiha before him he hadn't seen in many years. "Sasuke..." he stared up to him, an unreadable expression from the both of them as Sakura, Sai & Yamato watched on. "She's not here.." Sai announced, as he stepped back. He could feel both of his missions coming to a dismissal end, having not located [Name] and now, not seeing himself in the position of killing Sasuke Uchiha under Danzo's orders once again. This would be a living hell to Danzo's ears once news struck to him.

The Uchiha and the Uzumaki stared at each other intensely, unspoken conversations in a sense striking to the both of them as Sasuke dropped down to Naruto's level a few moments later. "You couldn't even keep her safe.." and for some reason, it didn't strike Naruto immediately as Sasuke looked at him with a glare. His vision became entangled with the years before as he heard a whisper in his ear from the past, calling out from that stormy evening at the final valley. "Keep her safe."

Naruto tried taking a step back, as Sasuke grabbed hold to his shoulder and kept him in place, the gripping of his hand was tight on his shoulder as a wave of subtle anger rose in Sasuke. There was a sense of betrayal he felt, not understanding why it rose in him at that moment. "You couldn't even simply do that and you think I would just return on my own will?"

And he began to realize the Uchiha's words. As it dampened within him and he felt himself being to feel a sense of worth being lost. Did they truly want to return to the village...?

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮