TWENTY | the preliminaries!

[NOTEs] hiii, new update 😏😏!! enjoy!

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮
Kabuto's PERSPECTIVE
The forest of death.
Hidden Leaf.
╰────────────╯

"Hmph." the gray-haired boy raised his glasses to his face. Walking in the front of the group of the 3 genin's he directed them to the main area where a lot of teams hid within the trees, ready to strike. "Do you see anything..?" He then questioned the Uchiha-Hyuga, who had her Byakugan activated to scheme around the area.

She was still a little tired from the usage beforehand, but she wasn't straining herself beyond means this time around. "A few trees down, I see one person.." [Name] rose an eyebrow in interest at the lone person a few trees above them.

"Interesting." The Yakushi responded, pondering at the thought of what the person ahead of them possibly had plotted out on their own. "Hell yeah! This should be easy..!" Naruto clenched his fist up, a grin squaring on his face. "Idiot," Sasuke mumbled out incoherently, though Kabuto heard it well, and stifled a laugh in response. "Good energy Naruto.., but stay vigilant.."

"Yeah sure..! Whatever that means.." The Uzumaki scratched at the side of his head upon the word, processing on and on for about a minute as he sounded out the word and still tried to figure out what it meant. Sasuke rolled his eyes in response, The Uzumaki let out a 'hmph' in response when he felt stumped, and turned his attention to [Name]. "Are they still there..?" Kabuto asked [Name]. Naruto had opened ears to their conversation, becoming so unparalleled to his own surroundings.

"Yeah—" and then a screech was let out from the group. "What the hell!" Naruto commented, now looking down to the ground from a higher altitude. It took a moment for him to register all the limbs that covered him, for him to register that he was caught in a net with his team, especially when he felt a swift kick to his face from [Name]. "Did we just set off a trap?!" Kabuto commented in a muffle, [Name]'s other foot being lodged right at his neck.

"Amateurs..!" Commented a voice from below, followed by a mocking chuckle. "Who knew it would be that easy." They then said, Kabuto rolling his eyes at the enemies bragging. "Well, this is embarrassing." [Name] mumbled out, realizing even with her Byakugan on she hadn't caught the trap due to her concentration levels not entirely being on it.

She could feel Sasuke glaring at her from her side, their limbs tangled up together in the net "Don't look at me like that." she then commented to him, looking straight forward but feeling the stare. Sighing out collectively, Kabuto side-eyed the enemy. An Ame-nin dressed in a full tan-ish bodysuit with goggles. He tsked as he went reaching for his ninja pocket. "You're not too entirely smart are you?" he asked to the Ame-nin.

"Huh—?!" The Ame-nin questioned before suddenly a blast of chakra threads was being thrown his way and Kabuto flashed right in front of his eyes. Before he could let out another word, a gush of pain waved over him in his chest. The Ame-nin expelled a loud huff out, trying to allow himself to catch his breath before he felt another wave of pain overcome him.

The three genin's watched from behind, Now on the ground surface. [Name]'s face wielded in complete shock as Kabuto overcame the Ame-nin in what looked like an invisible sense. But through the eyes of her Byakugan sh,e could see exactly what was happening, he was using a chakra-infused fist to overcome the Nin. 'Impressive' she thought to herself. A slight smirk was visible on her face as she realized he was probably trying to impress her.