EIGHT | the mystery of sakuras team.

NOTES: so, before the chapter even starts just wanted to say once again!! story follows all canon events but as stated!! i implant my own twist and such and this chapter has a few so..if you notice sum off storyline wise, it's bc i added it in lol. plus!! i use a special thread for the naruto time..did you guys know that land of waves mission took place 3 months after the team formation ?!

also..for someone that's goin off to college this weekend (me lol) i'm throwing out sm chapters 😭😭 i've never been this damn productive..

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

NARUTO PART ONE SERIES —

╭────────────╮
[Name]'s PERSPECTIVE

Streets of Konoha.
HIDDEN LEAF.
╰────────────╯
THREE MONTHS SINCE TEAM 7's formation.

She found herself in her own world as she walked about the streets of Konoha with a list in her hands. She had forged up enough mission money in the past few months of being a Genin to go on a spree for herself. Examining the shops to her left, [Name] found nothing in particular that caught her interest in the shop windows. Still looking in the direction of the window, she had suddenly bumped into something or someone in front of her.

"Oh.., sorry." she responded as she looked at the person she bumped into. It was a boy around her age, dressed in a completely black outfit and had a striking resemblance to Sasuke. It caught her off guard, but what really got to her was how the boy just stared at her and didn't say anything - not even an 'Ow.' "Um..are you okay..?"

"I'm not sure how I'm supposed to feel." The boy replied, [Name] rose an eyebrow in response to his open-ended answer, or what she assumed as a call for help. "Okay..." she mumbled out, wondering what to do next or how to leave this situation in general. As she was about to leave she heard the boy call out to her again "You." this time he was taking a book out of his pocket, "You're.." he scrolled through it.

"Pretty..?" he questioned as if he wasn't sure if he said the right word or not. "Thank you.." [Name] responded almost suspiciously to the boy. "Oh..there you are.." A man called out to the socially constrained boy. "Lord Danzō. I've met a friend..?" and then her heart dropped upon that name. She remembered the name from years ago when she first met Naruto, that bully of a man. "Oh..that's nice but..you know your task comes at hand first before relations with others.." the man looked the same as usual, more sinister in [Name]'s eyes when he recognized her.

"If it isn't the monster defender.., it's been a while hasn't it?" he looked down at her with a stern look. Noticing her forehead protector on her head,  "Oh? you've graduated..Congratulations.." though she was sure he didn't mean it. "..." She looked onwards at him, "I'm on a team with him - or the so-called monster you like to call him. I hope that bothers you and keeps you up at night. You creep." and before the man could protest or tout at her for her rudeness she stormed off.

The pale boy that resembled Sasuke looked back at her, wondering - why had she overcome with so much emotion at that moment? Looking back at Danzō, the man shook his head at the Uchiha-Hyuga. "Don't interact with her ever again. She's not a friend, if anything she poses a threat.."

Walking into the nearest store to get the encounter she had approached off of her mind, [Name] somehow ended up in the flower shop — Ino's flower shop at that. "[Name]..!" she heard the voice of Ino call out to her, looking up she realized where she was and sighed out in relief, she rather be here than anywhere else. She saw the familiar faces of Ino's team & Sakura and one of her teammates, who had oddly enough walked out upon [Name]'s entrance. "It's been a while.." Shikamaru commented from the counter, leaning against it as he looked over at [Name].

The latter hadn't been so aware of Shikamaru's secret crush on her, one that he held for a few years now. Ino & Sakura found it funny that he was too well at hiding it from [Name], but dared not to meddle in between the two as Shikamaru would logically find a way to deny his crush on her. "Agreed.., it's been getting busy I guess.."

"Same here..!" Ino replied, "Where'd that guy just go?" Choji commented from beside Shikamaru — Sakura looked around before she noticed she was left alone again. "Damnit! Why do they keep doing that..?!" Sakura whined as she sighed out, "My teammates..are so odd..!" she then commented to the 4 in the room. "Considering the fact that neither of them are from the Academy. It makes it even weirder with their weird programmed responses."

"Hm..?" [Name] stood next to Sakura, before looking back over at Shikamaru. "What's going on..?" she questioned, looking over to Sakura who had a defeatist look on her face. "My teammates— Sai & Shin..they're very..odd. Remember when I was called for teams and neither one of my team members were there? Yeah, it's because they did 'homeschooling?' and they're both raised by this weird creep with this cane and—"

"Bandage on his face..? His arm is wrapped into his cloak?" [Name] then said, noticing the surprised look on Sakura's face. "You know them..!?" she gasped out, while [Name]'s face turned into disgust. "I know that man you speak of..Something is off about him too.." The Genin's looked at each other around the room, trying to eternal solve the mystery that resounded within the shop. "Or you're just not welcoming enough to them." Choji offendedly suggested to the Haruno — whose eye twitched in annoyance from the suggestion of that. "I've tried! This is why I brought them with me today..! but that man showed up and ruined it!"

"Has to be a reason why, shouldn't put yourself in troublesome situations if you know something is off." Shikamaru suggested to the girl, "Yeah. Shikamaru has a point..I'd just..keep my distance until you have to ya know..be bothered with them..Don't let it bother you..! You have all of us!" she tried to encourage to the girl, not sure how well she was doing at the task. "You're right..! But I'm still going to try..If we're going to be a team for a while the least I can do is get to know these two..! And I will..!"

"Geez Sakura didn't know you were so determined to befriend a bunch of robots..or is it because one of them looks like Sasuke.." and that's when [Name] realized who Sakura's other teammate was. Choosing not to say anything at the moment, she watched on as the two bickered back and forth for a few moments as Choji & Shikamaru watched on in stoic view of the two. [Name] eventually left out of the shop shortly after, making her way to others shops to browse and buy before she decided to head home for the day.

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━
[AUTHORS NOTE] a somewhat filler chapter before the land of waves arc ig?? but also VERY IMPORTANT TO THE STORYLINE IN THE FUTURE!! so keep this chapter in mind for future reference 😏