TWENTY TWO | picnics and promises

[NOTEs] hi sorry for the somewhat delay, i became a feen for my job and first year of college is literally almost done!!!! AHHH anyways, i liked this chapter a lot and i hope you guys do too!!

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━
╭────────────╮
[Name]'s PERSPECTIVE
Hyuga Compound.
Hidden Leaf.
╰────────────╯

"No."

That's all that [Name] could say to Neji as he attempted to talk to her for one of the many times since the preliminary rounds. Of course she kept Sasuke's advice in mind and even accepted it, but she wasn't ready to talk to her brother about his wrongdoings. "When—" Neji tried to speak once again but was cut off again. "When will you seriously take my opinion in mind and stop contorting it to justify your very wrong reasoning?"

That stung. Hitting a literal nerve within Neji's thick cranium. "When you're ready to actually own up, I will gladly talk to you. But I'm upset with you, Neji. And I hate it but, you hurt our cousin." she concluded as she grabbed her satchel messenger bag and headed for the door. "Where are you going..?!" Neji quickly asked as she opened the door and stepped out. [Name] didn't talk very loud but he could hear something along the lines of 'Rock Lee & Picnic" come out of her mouth.

"Why is she going on a picnic with—" and before Neji could finish the thought, he sighed
out as the door slammed shut. His sister being upset with him was something serious and not fun at all and it was something he would have to come to terms with and fix. Walking towards the window of their room, he saw [Name] run towards the exit gates of the compound, noticing the bright orange and blue jumpsuit of the Uzumaki he would fight in a month outside the gates. Looking away from the window and walking over to his desk, he sighed out again.

"Naruto..!?" [Name] almost looked shocked upon seeing the boy at the gates of her compound, "I thought we were going to meet near the hillside?" she side-eyed around, noticing some Main branch family members noticing the two at the gate in judgment. Closing the gate behind her and quickly grabbed Naruto by his hand as she whisked him away from the scene of the compound. "I wanted to go see Hinata but they would let me! Even after I said I knew you — they said something about branch members can't have guests? Whatever that means yaknow.."

He mumbled out sadly to the girl, though his frown began to somewhat fade away upon the presence of the girl before him, looking down at their hands interconnected together he smiled. "When we come back later, we can see her..? Ok!?" [Name] reassured to the Uzumaki, taking a look back at the compound before rolling her eyes. What an embarrassment they were to her. "Okay!" and his grip grew tighter on her hand, he didn't want to let go now. The two had plans for the day, that consisted of visiting Rock Lee in the hospital, and afterward, they would have a team picnic with Sasuke and Kakashi, if the latter would show up..

[Name] wasn't fully present during Rock Lee's fight, as she had been in the back corridors reminiscing with Sasuke about their past. But the aftermath, she heard of it. The redhead of Suna, Gaara — had left him paralyzed and unable to walk and to the point, he was unable to participate in combat. [Name] squeezed her hand tighter in Naruto's grip reassuringly, a small smile displaying on the boy's face. "You seem..to be in a good mood today.." [Name] commented to the Uzumaki, who hadn't really registered that he was brightly smiling in her face like he was. "Oh?" his face grew bright red in retaliation. Looking away, he let out an awkward laugh before mumbling something under his breath.

The Uzumaki was beginning to realize it, his crush on the girl was becoming intense lately, whatever infatuation he had for Sakura was beginning to fade rapidly and his attention found sunken to [Name] as of late. He couldn't get over the thought he produced before the Chunins though, the thought of [Name] finding herself falling for Sasuke, while Naruto found himself falling for [Name]. It was a messy concept, because it was only major assumptions and nothing could be confirmed on her end, so all he could do was assume at the moment. "I'm just happy we're spending time together. It's..been a while yaknow?"