FIFTEEN | let the chunins begin!

[NOTEs] for my quotev readers, ty for almost 30k reads and nearly 1k favs. for my wattpad readers, ty for 2k+ reads 🥺❤️ seeing the support & comments really motivates me
━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━
╭────────────╮
Kabuto's PERSPECTIVE
Konoha Academy.
Hidden Leaf.
╰────────────╯
Staring about in the largely quiet testing room, [Name]'s eye contact with the test before her caused a look of confusion to display on her face. Apart of her wanting to speak out 'What the hell is this?' while another part of her wanted to rip the paper to shreds. Another issue also arose within her, Kabuto sat directly next to her. She wasn't sure how much luck was on her side today, but it sure wasn't the hell enough.

Sasuke sat 3 rows ahead, to whom reaction upon seeing Kabuto next to the girl silently set him off. Naruto sat about 6 rows ahead, unaware of the rising threat Kabuto brought among the two Uchiha's. [Name] quietly sighed as she wrote her name on the paper, Kabuto's eyes gleaming over the hyphenated 'Uchiha-Hyuga' on the paper. Kabuto looked upon his test, scheming over the questions and realizing that some of them were on the past exams from his multiple times of attending the exams & taking this test, 'how lazy...' he thought to himself, scribbling down the answers he already knew.

Catching a glimpse at [Name]'s paper. She began to reluctantly guess at different answers, Kabuto finding himself being nosier over her paper than his own. She suddenly stopped writing, before inching her head and turning to face Kabuto. "Is there an issue..?" she mumbled out almost incoherently to him, but he was able to make out what she said. He shook his head 'No.' before looking down at his test paper to hint to her.

Tilting her head in confusion for a moment before picking up the body language he meant, she looked down at her test before glancing over at his. Her eyebrow quirked in confusion at the randomness of Kabuto allowing her to cheat off of him. [Name] thought he was up to something, was this his way of trying to get her eliminated? Glancing around, an intense glare pondered on her face as she debated over the risk. "Cautious I see.." he whispered out to her, causing her to glare even more at the boy.

"You can trust me.." his whispered softened up, [Name]'s face slightly twitching at his comment, she began looking around, "If I get caught you're going down with me." She then whispered back to him as she activated her Byakugan and tilted her head down to avoid the exam proctors from seeing her obvious cheating. Kabuto watched over as she began to rapidly write on her paper, her head tilting as she began looking around the room and rapidly writing and circling answers again.

A few minutes passed, her movements stopping as her Byakugan deactivated and she glanced over at Kabuto before shifting her paper over to him. He hummed in confusion before looking down, avoiding himself from inching a smirk on his face. 'She's easier of a person to build trust with than I expected..' Glancing back and forth at the paper, he signaled out that every one of her questions was spot on.

The Yakushi once again tried concealing his smirk as he thought to himself, [Name] Uchiha-Hyuga would be an interesting part of his assignment this mission.

And after what felt like hours, the first segment of the Chunin's ended with a rather sentimental speech that had left [Name] slightly pissed off at the fact that she could've sat there the whole time and passed along with her teammates if they did the same. But above all, she found herself relieved of passing the first stage and but pondered what exactly Kabuto meant by 'Survival stint.' when he spoke of it earlier.

The Yakushi still sat next to her, his eyes caught to the board at the front of the room ominously. "Kabuto..." she mumbled out almost suspiciously to the boy, but having caught his attention successfully."What..exactly is this survival stint..? The one you spoke of earlier before the exams.." she asked to him.

"Oh..? Hm..Well—" and then the sound of glass breaking entered the room, causing the boy to jump and stop speaking, whilst [Name]'s attention gathered to the front of the room. "I am..Anko Mitarashi! Your second exam proctor.." Ibiki stood behind the purple-haired woman that announced herself, a hand placed on his face in disappointment at the woman. "I hope you're all ready for what's in store..because it might be the last thing you ever do.." And that wasn't exactly inviting..
╭────────────╮
[Name]'s PERSPECTIVE
Outskirts of The Forest of Death.
Hidden Leaf.
╰────────────╯
"Can you believe it..?! We made it to the second stage..now we really have this..!" Naruto praised the team, feeling awfully happy about making it to the second yet — almost
gruesome stage. Sasuke stood by stoically as [Name] observed the area. There were still a lot of intimidating faces left, and turning around, [Name] caught glimpse of one that almost made her jump out of her skin.

A pale woman stood about 12 feet behind the team, a menacing stare perpetuated ahead to Anko but, it seemed to shift directions when [Name] caught glimpse of the pale woman. She smiled wickedly, licking her lips as she gathered her steps closer to the girl. Stepping closer to Naruto & Sasuke, [Name] nonverbal spoke her concerns by tapping on Naruto's hand. "Yes..—" and then a Kunai flew past in between the two, grazing Naruto on the face.

[Name]'s eyes widen as she looked back, seeing the pale woman swiftly catching the Kunai. Her attention then went to Naruto and his grazed face. "W-What the hell..!" he yelled out, and irritation seeping from as he placed a hand on his cheek. "You forgot something.." the pale woman was now closer to the two, her hand reaching out to Anko as she placed around her on [Name]'s shoulder. The Uchiha-Hyuga nudged the woman's hand off her shoulder, giving her a glare at the sudden action.

"Cautious..I see.." Eyeing the pale woman as she examine and spoke towards the Uchiha-Hyuga, Sasuke stood behind her with a glare displayed on his face to the pale woman also. She caught glimpse of both of them, shuddering at the intimidation the two Uchiha's sparked at her. "What elegance.." and they backed away, licking their lips again. [Name] cringed as she looked away, Sasuke's glare lingered still as he felt suspicious of the being.

"What a bunch of weirdos." Naruto commented insultingly, looking around and glaring at the intimidating individuals. "We have to show them what we're made of..! We can be just as scary as them.." he then said, clenching his fist together, staring upon the dense forestry that awaited them. Anko explained her part of the exams, [Name] found herself zoned out at the moment, the woman still unsettling her. She shuddered as images she had never seen before began to flash in her mind. Her hand shook slightly.

Sasuke noticed the unsettlement, grasping onto her hand discreetly to simmer the shaking that voided her. "Focus." he simply said to her, [Name] took a deep breath out grasping onto the boy's hand tightly, looking him in his eyes with a blank stare as she seemed to refuse to let go of his hand. He hesitated, squinting at her in confusion as he let go slowly. The blonde Uzumaki noticed it, glaring at Sasuke at his reluctance towards the girl. "Hmph." he then took hold of [Name]'s hand in retaliation.

"These people are so much weaker than us, you know. There's nothing to be afraid about." He was talking above himself again, [Name] stayed quiet as she listened on to him, his boast of confidence worrying her more, especially with the creep of a woman that she just had an encounter with. Staring into the ominous forest again, the flash of images peeked into her mind again, and all she wanted to do within that moment was to protect the ones she loved.

━━━━━━━ ━━━━━━━

[AUTHORS NOTES] i just wanna say if anything seems grammatically off, i edited this at 2am half awake and fell asleep on the publish button 😇