SEVENTEEN | the curse mark

[NOTEs] once again, fight scenes altered to my liking — but the same canon events happen as necessary and such. anyways, enjoy!!!!!!!!

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━
╭────────────╮
Sasuke's PERSPECTIVE
The forest of death.
Hidden Leaf.
╰────────────╯
Everything seemed like it wasn't going to according to plan. Every moment Sasuke felt the ambushes and not a moment of a breather. The wind still heavily pushed through the dense area of forestry, [Name]'s hand gripped on tightly to Sasuke's as they hid within the bushes near the striking disaster, waiting for it to pass over in the meantime.

Sasuke cursed Naruto within his mind for putting the target on them, believing that the Uzumaki's overwhelming confidence got them into this current situation. At this rate, Sasuke believed if they kept having to deal with the constant ambushes, they would never get past the second stage. As the boy indulged within his thoughts, A few more minutes passed before suddenly the wind calmed, silence within the area as the whistling of the wind ceased.

The Uchiha looked over at the girl, she turned and looked at him also, Byakugan still activated as her eyes shifted out of the bushes and noticed a few presences in her distance point. She gripped onto Sasuke's hand tighter in response, shaking her head 'no' in response, and pointed to outside the bushes. In the blur of the moment, she couldn't make out who's chakra it was but knew for the better that they stay hidden until otherwise. "Guys..?!" called out the voice from outside the bushes, Naruto's voice specifically.

[Name] gave the Uchiha a suspicious look, questioning the quickness of Naruto's sudden reappearance when they knew their teammate to always be on the more later side when it came to these types of situations. "You can stop hiding now..It's me..! I'm perfectly fine.." It gave the slightest of reassurance to [Name] but still made Sasuke suspicious.

The raven-haired boy still grasped onto [Name]'s hand. Pulling her out of the bushes with him and re-emerging to see Naruto. The girl wondered what he was doing, knowing Sasuke was smart enough not to fall into such an easy trap she wondered — where exactly was he going with this. "Hm.." Sasuke looked around, eyes squinted before they landed directly back on Naruto. "That was quick, are you okay Naruto..?"

Now that was...truly suspicious. "Yeah.., that wind was pretty rough.." Naruto then placed an arm behind his head, awkwardly scratching the back of his head. "Wasnt it..?..," And then Sasuke got straight to the point. "Do you remember the first thing [Name] told you about me..when we all met..?" a smirk exhibited on his face, as Naruto looked on confusingly at Sasuke. The Uchiha's grip loosened in the girl's hand again as he took a small step back.

"Huh..?! Well.., we all did just meet when we got formed as a team..but I'm not sure..—" A Kunai went flying Naruto's way. "I got this, Go find Naruto." Sasuke then told the girl, and a sense of panic hit the girl as she realized it was happening again. "You brat..!" the voice elicited out of Naruto's form before a puff of smoke showed the true form of the intimidating woman from earlier that left a strike of fear in [Name]. "No— I can't.." she mumbled out as she stepped back.

Staring at the deadly being before them, Sasuke tsked at the girl's unwillingness to leave for her own protection and rather risk herself being with him. He didn't want another repeat of what happened on the bridge again, especially knowing they were in a more vulnerable situation of not knowing where Naruto was now. "I thought I would have a run-in with you two.." the woman said to the both of them, a frightening smirk appearing on her face.