THIRTY FOUR | the death of gaara

[NOTEs] random question i suppose but do any of my readers listen to kpop...? read kpop fanficss??? if sooo, would you guys be interested in possible future kpop fanfics..? mostly around groups 3rd & 4th gen groups like exo, nct, skz, tbz, monsta x and etc,, I'm a multistan of like 30+ groups LOL so it could almost be endless but I have someee fanfic ideas up my sleeve I had published way back in 2019 but unpublished ngl😏, ANYWYAS ENJOY this chapter this rlly long chapter!!

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮
NARUTO'S PERSPECTIVE
Outskirt of Suna

Sunagakure
╰────────────╯

"Naruto!"

He opened his eyes, his vision was warped back to the reality he remembered. He was out of the genjutsu. [Name]'s one of her hands lied on his shoulder, while the other lied on the side of his face. Her [E/C] eyes pierced into his blue eyes with a blank stare, as he held a look of concern on his face. "What...happened..?" his mind felt fuzzy, "none of that happened?" he questioned, as Sakura looked over at him, "You don't remember...? At one point you even started throwing Rasengan at nothing.." she stated, as [Name] nodded in agreement before she side-eyed and glare. "It's him..." she mumbled out angrily, "Messing with your mind..."

Naruto looked forward, still avoiding staring directly at Itachi as he wondered how he did it exactly. His thoughts came to an abrupt pause as Kakashi stood in front of the four, standing guard as he said "Guys.., take cover.." It took little time for Sakura & Chiyo to jump back, as [Name] and Naruto stood there for a moment, the glare still evident in [Name]'s face. Despite how much she wanted it to be her battle, Kakashi took forth of action in this situation, and she trusted he would righteous do what needed to be done this time.

She nodded before grabbing Naruto's forearm and jumping back with him in tow. Knowing it would be difficult for him to come along just on his own, He had the same mindset just as [Name], he wanted to take over and serve this as his fight also. "When he needs.. us we'll know.." She said from above the trees and specifically to reassure the boy that stood next to her. They both looked down at Kakashi, intensely watching as the battle ensued in front of them. "Why did they send him out of all people...?" Naruto questioned, with a glare as [Name] looked over to him. "To haunt us." she replied back, reminiscing over the last unexpected sighting they had with Itachi years prior. "They're probably aware of our presence.." she looked around suspiciously, she wouldn't put it past them.

As her eyes trained back to the battle at hand, she noticed a large amount of fog-like mist taking over the area, her Bykaguan became present as the mist began to fog up more. "What's happening.." Naruto mumbled out, as he squinted to see a clear view but to no avail, it was too thick for him to see through. "Kakashi..." she replied back, as she skimmed over the scene before her, "He's taking the upper hand.." she replied back, as Sakura looked up to the two, she had heard the latter sentence and smirked in response. But how long is it going to last? She couldn't properly say she knew of Itachi's prowess well, but given the fact he killed an entire clan on his own, it shouldn't have been taken granted for.

The sound of lightning crackled in the distance, causing her to almost lose her grip on the tree she had as she stepped forward on the branch she stood on next to Naruto. The said boy felt her grab for his forearm again as she balanced herself and watched intently. The blue hues of the lighting could be sent through the mist just slightly, with that much power of lightning he held in his hand, he could probably create his own storm within the midst of it all, a destructive ending she should say. The ground rumbled before them, as her grip tighten on Naruto's arm in the process of the eventful situation they found themselves in.