FORTY EIGHT | escapees

just reread this WHOLE BOOK for maybe the millionth time so I'm not forgetting my own plot here...and i've noticed some loose ends that i need to conquer!!! so that will be my next mission 🫡

━━━━━━━ ⟡ ━━━━━━━

╭────────────╮
[NAME]'s PERSPECTIVE

Mountains Graveyard
╰────────────╯

He had awoken to the sounds of bickering within his ear. The familiar voice of [Name] and Karin filled his ears was soothing yet a rash of irritation when he kept hearing Karin. He groaned out in pain as he felt he was lying on a hard slab of rock beneath him and he was heavily bandaged. "Sasuke!" Karin exclaimed out in relief to the Uchiha as she ran towards him, but he heard a tumble of sorts followed by "Ouch!" from the red-haired girl. "Bitch...." Karin mumbled out from under her breath on the rocky surface below her that she had landed on from whoever tripped her. His vision was heavily blurred at the moment but he could make out through the blurriness that [Name] stood above him. "You've been out for a couple of days now.." she stated to him.

"I have...?" He questioned groggily, it had only felt like a few hours at most. "You...three are so reckless." She replied sternly as she sighed, referring to the Uchiha, Suigetsu & Jugo. "All to keep us from stepping in," she mumbled out the last part quietly. "But...we captured him right...? The Jinchurikki?" He then questioned, disregarding the girl's latter statement. "Yes. We did. They're extracting the Eight-Tails now, and we've all been waiting for you to wake up so we could finally leave this place for a bit.." [Name] then stated to him. She was highly adamant about leaving the hideout for a bit, as she felt her brother, Obito had bombarded her hours before and left an unpleasant encounter to her afterward.

"You seem tense." [Name] said to her brother hours before, as he stood in one of the many rooms within the hideout, and observed...whatever the hell was inside of the makeshift cases embedded into the wall. She tilted her head sideways as she looked into them, jumping slightly when Obito cleared his throat and looked at [Name] from behind his orange-spiraled mask. "You've been awful close to that Uchiha." Obito commented to her, [Name] furrowing her eyebrow quickly at her brother's sudden comment.

"We've...always been close?" She then questioned him, "Obito I've known him since we were babies...of all people shouldn't you...know that?" She called him out for his indirect stalking of the girl. Obito went silent, a few seconds later she could hear him clenching his gloved fist. The leather of the glove creased together before he gathered a response. "Of course I know that. I mean now [Name]. It's unhealthy..." He reiterated to her, as the girl continued to look at Obito with a raised eyebrow. And then it hit her, she knew why he was acting like this and being so overprotective. "I think...out of all people, you should know I'm fine...and I trust him. But clearly...there's something unresolved between you and him.." She stated to him, and she felt her answer wasn't enough for Obito to let up. First, it was Itachi and now it was Sasuke whom he had suspicions about. Obito just couldn't fathom the fact that his sister wouldn't always be by his side forever.

Sasuke groaned as he attempted to sit up from the makeshift bed that was under him, but found it quite difficult with the bandages that covered his left arm and almost the entirety of his chest. Karin was quick to get up off the floor and go to the other side of the makeshift bed Sasuke laid on and helped leverage him upwards on his left. [Name] gave the girl an emotionless look from the other side of the bed as she supported Sasuke from his right side. [Name]'s hands gleamed with a green aura, something she hadn't done in ages as she hovered her palm across Sasuke's chest. He sighed in relief from the healing aura she provided to him.