Ten

Lie. Lies.

He woke up from deep sleep just to cry. He's been doing this for years and almost every week. Now that something odd happened to him, he can't bring himself just to sleep and forget it. His heart always want to let things out and his eyes always want to cry.

He opens his eyes and he was welcomed by a toned chest. Mark. He almost forgot his ex is here to spend the night with their son. He slowly moved away from the older, turned away from him to let his tears flow down. Sobs tried to fall out from his mouth and he figured out he can't let both Minhyuck and Mark hear it.

He wipes the tears that trailed to his cheeks and got on a sitting position but before could put his feet on the ground, he was pulled back to bed by strong arms.

"You're crying again." Mark said groggily as he flutters his eyes open.

Donghyuck gasps. "You're awake?"

The other nodded and pulled Donghyuck closer to him by hugging his waist.

"Did I wake you up?" Donghyuck hesitantly ask. He feels bad that Mark has to deal with his crying ass late this night.

Mark honestly nods but he quickly convinced Donghyuck that it's fine.

"I'm sorry... Let me just take this to the bathroom."

"No. You can cry here."

"I might wake Minhyuck up and you'll have a hard time sleeping." Donghyuck uttered and attempts to go far from Mark but he was stopped once again.

"Come here." Mark said. He turns his body around, then sits up that his head and half of his back is on the headboard. He grabbed Donghyuck's hands and made him rest on his chest.

"We won't wake the baby up. Just cry here."

Donghyuck bit his lips and did not hesitate to let his tears flow down on Mark's neck. He pulled the older down and now he's laying on the bed with Donghyuck above him. He desperately clutched on Mark's shirt and wiped his tears with it.

Mark just stared right into the white ceiling but his hands were rubbing Donghyuck's back for comfort.

When they were still dating, the younger would wail out in front of Mark. He would hit him softly or jump in his arms to cry. But right now, the younger hides from anyone around him just to cry.

Using Mark's free hand, he threaded his hand into Donghyuck's hair, tugging his bangs upwards. Then he faced the younger to wipe his tears away.

"Donghyuck?"

He was answered by a soft sob and arms wrapping around his neck.

"Do you want to tell me why you're crying?"

The Mark before would force Donghyuck to tell him why he's crying or never ask at all. This one's different.

"I guess... it's the thing that happened earlier. I was just so afraid and weak. I can't even fight him back. I started to think if I did fight back, I wouldn't be able to see Minhyuck and hold him. If I died, who would take care of him? There's a lot who actually would but... he'll probably cry so much if he knows what happened. I mean... God. I don't want him to cry."

Mark's heart clenches at this. Everything that Donghyuck is doing and has done, is for Minhyuck. He's even ready to lay his body just to go home to Minhyuck. Mark, at this point of the conversation, is tearing up as well. He doesn't want Donghyuck to cry also.

"I wouldn't forgive myself if something happened to you Donghyuck."

He kissed the younger's forehead before dropping his gaze to his lips. He gulps at the sight, so tempting.