Eighteen

"Can we stay in the guest room?"

"You can stay in the master's bedroom, next to me."

Next to him? Donghyuck flushed. He shook his head cutely as the baby tilts his head towards Donghyuck's neck.

"Dada, I, sleep with daddy."

"Do you want to sleep next to daddy?" Mark smiles softly and patted the baby's hair.

"Are you sure?" Donghyuck asked, full of hesitations.

Minhyuck always say he wants to sleep with Jaemin or Renjun but he always ends up crying and going back to where Donghyuck is. He sighs as the baby already waddled out of his arms, going to Mark.

"Mark... call me if he cries or something."

"You won't go with us?"

"I can stay in the guestroom."

Mark frowned but nods anyway. The baby smiled cutely and waved a goodbye before Mark carried him to the master's bedroom.

Donghyuck got inside the other room adjacent to where Mark and Minhyuck is staying. He lays on his back and rolled over the bed. He missed this. He missed their old house, their old kitchen, their room, everything that they shared. But he still can't bring himself into staying at their old room where memories lays. Memories of pain. He can't. Atleast not now.

Moment later, his drowsiness overcame him. He ended up sleeping without his son.

"Baby?" Mark calls out but Donghyuck is fast asleep. The baby as well is already sleeping inside Mark's room and Mark just finished working on his papers.

He walked towards Donghyuck's sleeping body and wriggled him a bit. Cute. His cheeks are smooched and his soft snores are occasionally falling from his lips. Mark couldn't help it, he kissed the younger to wake him up or to just enjoy his lips.

To his surprise, Donghyuck started kissing back a minute later, he's finally awake. Instead of leaning away, Mark kisses him deeper and pinned him on the bed, smirking.

"I thought we're going to talk?" Mark giggled and finally brought Donghyuck in his lap.

The younger tightened his hold on Mark's torso using his legs and hugged his nape. "What time is it?"

"Around midnight. Are you hungry? You've slept for hours already..." Mark uttered while brushing some hair off Donghyuck's face.

"I'm sorry. I fell asleep. Is Minhyuck okay? Did he give you hard time?"

"No, no..." Mark laughs. "He listens well to me."

"He sometimes neglect me." Donghyuck growls and shut his eyes tight in attempts to fall asleep again but then he remembered the reason why he wants to stay here tonight.

"Mark?"

"Yes baby?"

"What time is your class tomorrow? We can talk next time so you can rest for tonight."

"It's okay. I can put up with it. I just want to talk to you as well."

Donghyuck moved away from Mark's lap and faced him with his body. He held both of Mark's hands and squeezed it tight.

He thinks of his speech before calling Mark.

"Mark?"

"Hmm?"

"I just... Well. I'm sorry for everything. Now that I've been a father myself, I know hard it is to provide things. It's really hard. But you never complained about me, slacking at home. You never threw me out. I'm sorry for all those years I wasn't able to be a good partner for you Mark. I'm sorry for not helping you even in the simplest ways. I'm sorry for—"