Fourteen

It's been a whole week and Donghyuck is not coping up well ever since that. The day after, Jaemin came home as well as Renjun to take care of Minhyuck and also to talk about Donghyuck, so in the end, they knew what happened and they're not so sure how to feel about this.

He grabbed the rag from the janitor's closet to clean the windows of the building he's working on. He was not kicked out but he wasn't treated right as well. He's almost dead inside from countless works they want him to do and he rarely gets time to eat. This is what the power their old boss holds. Even though he's behind railings he still has power over this and no one else knew what he did to Donghyuck.

He could actually cry from the pain from every side of his body and from the struggle he's facing.

Mark is still visiting Minhyuck but he's not calling Donghyuck at all. Only on Saturdays, he get to see Mark but only to send Minhyuck off.

He huffs as he tried to supress his tears. He shouldn't cry. He shouldn't let that certain day affect him so much. He shouldn't let Mark hurt him deeper.

A whole month. Whole fucking month and Mark is still not talking to Donghyuck. The latter is also having a hard time recieving scoldings and degradings. He can't leave the job for now. He only has one job to sustain his son and help Renjun with the bills.

Even though his heart is clenching every time he receives insults, he doesn't think about that so much. Minhyuck needs him to be strong.

He walked down the hallway to grab his things, prepare to go home and meet Minhyuck. Once he's done, he grabbed the pay from one envelope and saw that it wasn't much. His head aches again after recalling what needs to be paid this month. This won't last long but Donghyuck has to make it last long. He has to endure.

He has gone home without nothing to give to Minhyuck but the baby still clings to him and ask him how his day went. Somehow, he ended up giggling despite the pain he's currently suffering. Minhyuck is here, Minhyuck is more than enough.

Another month. This time Donghyuck wants to talk to Mark seriously. He can't stand cold shoulders anymore. He grabbed the baby softly in his arms and made their way to the doorstep, to Mark who was waiting for them.

He gathered his courage and opened the door widely but before Mark could grab Minhyuck, he lets the baby go inside.

"Mark we need to talk."

"Talk about what?" Mark snorts.

"The last time we had a conversation! You don't have to treat me like shit everytime we meet. I get it, you hate me and I don't even know why but I just want you to be civil with me. Don't act as if I burned your whole world down. You have Minhyuck, I always let you go with him every Saturday! What the hell did I do that made you treat me like this?"

Mark stands back, amazed. He grabbed the younger by the chin. "You really don't know?"

"Asshole. I don't!"

"How about you start asking yourself why you shut me off that night? I thought you'd like to start over because you asked for sex but it seems like you were just horny that night and you used me. I never treated you like shit. I made you aware about the things I want between us but you had other idea that I respect. I just hoped you didn't jump into conclusion that I wanted you back because of our child, I want you back because you are Donghyuck. I don't see what's so wrong with that, that you weren't able to grasp it properly."

Donghyuck was stunned. His tongue rolled back to his throat. He can't really rebut anything at the moment. Before he knew it, Mark has already carried Minhyuck out of his house.