Betrayal

Why? Why did it come to this? She had thought Getou would have at least listened to her after everything and not go through with his plans to exterminate all non-shamans. Damn Tsukumo for implanting that idea in his head. She should have reached him before Tsukumo did.

But...she did notice the number of victims weren't one-hundred-twelve, instead it was thirty-five. That must mean she could have gotten through to him a little since he didn't massacre the entire XX village. At least that's a bit reassuring.

Gojo and (Name) were standing before Yaga, his face distressed from the news, while Gojo was too stunned, "Huh?"

Yaga sighed, rubbing his head tiredly, "Don't make me repeat myself. Suguru killed thirty five people at the village he went to and now he's on the run."

"I know what you said. That's why I said it." Gojo was still in a daze, unable to believe it.

"There's nothing in his home either. His parents don't know anything about his whereabouts since they were unconscious when we arrived." Yaga informed.

(Name) sighed shakily, "At least he didn't kill his parents..." she murmured.

Gojo was shocked. Yaga placed a hand on his head, "Satoru, (Name). I don't know why this is happening either." Yaga then left to try to figure out what to do, leaving Gojo and (Name) by themselves.

"Satoru..." (Name) placed a comforting hand on his shoulder. She wasn't sure what to say to defend Getou.

Gojo's hair shadowed his eyes, "(Name)...why is this happening?" He asked, his crystal blue eyes looking to her for an answer.

(Name) didn't know how to answer his question, "I feel like Getou has lost his way and is now paving a path for him that will only lead to destruction. Despite what he did, I feel he's still unsure of himself, Satoru. Maybe...maybe there might be a chance to stop him before it's too late..." she replied.

It was then Gojo received a call. Answering it, it was revealed to be Shoko. She had spotted Getou only a few moments ago in Shinjuku. With that information, Gojo grabbed (Name) and teleported them both to the city.

They were walking around, sensing Getou's cursed energy. He wasn't hard to locate. Gojo blocked his path, standing in front of him while (Name) remained in between the two just in case a fight broke out.

Getou looked up, his eyes immediately connecting to (Name)'s. His expression softened, "(Name)..."

"Suguru..." Her lips parted as she stared at him with a mixture of emotions; confusion, doubt, worry.

Gojo cut in, glaring at him, "Explain yourself...Suguru!"

Getou sighed, "Didn't you hear from Shoko? There's nothing much to it. I assume she must have called you after my departure."

Gojo furrowed his brows, his brain not comprehending what his friend had done, "So you'll kill everyone who's not a shaman!?"

"Maybe." Getou said, "I don't think I'm entitled to tell you my reasons."

"Fuck that!! We've been friends for a long time, Suguru!" Gojo argued, frowning, "I thought you were against killing if there's no meaning to it!?"

Getou looked at him, "Ah, but there is meaning to what I'm doing, even a purpose."

"No there isn't!! You want to make a world of shamans by killing non-shamans!? No fucking way that's gonna work!!" Gojo argued. "Trying dumb stuff that you know won't work is as meaningless as it gets!!"

"That's pretty arrogant." Getou said, surprising Gojo.

"What?"

Getou stared at Gojo straight in his eyes, "It's possible for you, isn't it, Satoru? If it's possible for you, can you really go around telling people it's impossible for them? Are you the strongest because you are Gojo Satoru? Or are you Gojo Satoru because you are the strongest?" He questioned Gojo.