Chapter Two

"We're all broken; some just have a good poker face." - S.S

Phoenix's POV:

I stirred aggressively in bed after hearing the ear-piercing sound of my phone blaring through the room.

It took a while due to the heaviness of my eyelids but my eyes eventually fluttered open.

Regret instantly washed over me though, when I was greeted with the blinding rays of the sun beaming through the windows. Illuminating the already brightly colored room.

The migraine hit me like a ton of bricks as I used my hand to shield my face from the blinding light.

Come to think of it, the throbbing ache in my head could have been due to my excessive amount of drinking from the night before. But either way, it fucking hurt.

I sat up on the bed, squinting my eyes, still trying to adjust to the morning as I followed the sound of my phone ringing. I slowly moved my hand over to the hot pink side table.

Hot pink? Where the fuck am I?

I instantly turned my head, almost breaking my neck in the process to see a brunette sprawled out beside me. She was laying on her back sleeping soundly as soft snores escaped her lips. The sheets barely covered her lower body but her chest was on full display.

She had a nice pair of tits and I mentally high-fived myself for hooking up with her. But as my gaze gradually moved up to her face, my victory lap ended too quickly, might I add.

Her face was doused in makeup to the point where it was cracking due to the humidity in the room and it was clearly full of plastic. Her hair was damp, sticking to her skin and I saw hickeys scattered all over her body, probably my doing.

My eyes began scanning the room, taking in the surroundings. Empty beer cans and garbage littered the floor, I also caught sight of a couple of used- condoms along with some torn undergarments which I assume were hers.

lt looked like she had been thoroughly fucked and, by the looks of it, it was probably my doing. But now that I think about it, I barely even remembered what happened last night.

Before I could think about anything else the incessant sound of my phone ringing pulled me out of my thoughts.

I groaned before sliding my finger across the screen to answer the call.

As soon as I placed the device to my ears, I heard the person scream into the phone.

"Where the fuck are you? You were supposed to pick me up an hour ago!" Ajax, my beloved best friend, shouted through the speakers.

Shit. I looked at the time and realized it was almost 9:00 am.

"Fuck, I'm sorry Jax. Something came up." I replied, hearing the ruffling of  sheets behind me as I felt the mattress sink with the added movements.

She's awake.

The brunette muttered something incoherently under her breath shifting her body even more, reminding me that the time for me to go had quickly arrived.

So I threw my legs over the bed, pausing for a moment to adjust to this new position.

But before I could stand up, she pressed her slender body up against mind from behind, trailing her acrylic nails along the spine of my back, over my shoulders then finishing her curious venture on my bare chest.

"Come back to bed," she whispered rubbing the pad of her fingers over my nipples. Soon after they stood erect in her touch and my dick was beginning to follow suit.