Chapter Sixteen

"The room is all hazy, we're too lost in the fumes, I feel like it's just me and you. Yeah we got nothing to lose." -Nirvana by Sam Smith

Scarlet's POV

A deafening silence fell between us, thick with tension that not even a sword wielded by Achilles himself could cut through.

Little sparks of desire and want coursed through my body like electricity rearing to be used. It began at the tips of my toes surging through my calves and legs before settling in my stomach where it increased its voltage. It felt like a welcoming itch that I yearned to scratch.

But the desire pumping through my electric stricken veins also made me all the more aware of the situation I somehow found myself in. Loads of unanswered questions and doubts filled my mind. The wheels in my head were in full effect, turning and moving every which way yet I couldn't seem to move a muscle.

Yes, you heard me correctly. I sat on the bed, motionless like a dumb-struck idiot.

Hell, I couldn't even close my mouth. Without a shadow of a doubt, I was sure that my jaw along with the rest of my organs was splattered along the floor.

So many questions were running through my head.

Did Phoenix Knight really just tell me to kiss him? Is this some sick joke? Why am I so turned on? Does he normally ask girls he barely knows to kiss him?

I was unsure about so many things at that moment except the rapid beating of my heart fighting its way through my chest, craving freedom beyond the confines of my restricting ribcage.

"Are you joking?" was the only thing I could bring myself to say.

"If you've kissed so many people before then go ahead and kiss me. It shouldn't be a problem," he reiterated my claims.

"You can finally get to finish what you started in the classroom," he added. Ugh, why does he keep bringing that up?

A smug grin made its way onto his face. His amusement was a clear reminder of how much of an idiot I truly was.

I didn't know the first thing about making out much less whatever Phoenix had in mind. And I'm sure that whatever it is, it's more than just an innocent kiss. Yet I still had the audacity to lie straight to his face.

Yes, I've watched porn and read the occasional smut so I have somewhat of an understanding of how people get down and dirty. I should be able to meet the demands of anything sex-related, right?

But unfortunately for me, porn is just an unrealistic take on sex that is altered to meet the needs of horny, pubescent boys.

And there is a huge difference between reading about sex and doing the actual deed.

Knowing that I was significantly lacking in the department of sexual experiences, I still lied through my teeth to a literal sex god. Well according to the rumors.

But I wasn't going to back down from a challenge, especially with Phoenix. I had too much pride. Plus there was a small, itsy bitsy, part of me that I kept suppressed for so long that ached to feel his lips against mine. It defied all reasoning and begged to walk down the path of no return. It wasn't a small, tiny whisper anymore but a loud, stentorian roar, demanding its voice to be heard.

"Okay, let's do it."

He looked a bit surprised at first. The other logical parts of me, not overtaken by the desire to kiss him, were taken aback by my decision as well.

As a matter of fact, who wouldn't be a bit surprised by my agreement?

No less than a month ago, a usual Friday night consisted of a movie or book, then I would be in bed by 8:00 pm. But here I was, about to make out with hands down the hottest guy I'd ever seen in my bedroom.