Chapter Twelve

"She drives me crazy..Like no one else...She drives me crazy...And I can't help myself." -She Drives Me Crazy by Fine Young Cannibals.

Phoenix's POV

It was never hard for me to get laid. I'm not trying to brag but it was the obvious truth.

A suggestive smile. A provocative comment. A simple touch. That was all it took for girls to spread their legs. The most I would have to do was engage in a conversation, and even that didn't require much effort. On no occasion did I struggle to win a girl over. It was always easy.

Until her.

Until Scarlet.

She was nothing like the girls I've encountered, resisting me in every way possible. Not wanting to be seen with me or even have a simple conversation. In fact, when I offered her a ride, she rejected me almost immediately. I had to convince her and even then she accepted my offer with a heavy heart.

Other girls would have jumped at the opportunity to spend time with me.

But not her.

She was undoubtedly a very beautiful woman. With eyes of caramel and leaf brown curls that swayed against her back, she could bring any man to their knees with a mere glance. And she didn't even know it.

She had an appealing figure, slim and thick in all the right places. And her dulcet voice was smooth and ethereal, each word that escaped her lips was pleasingly exquisite, wrapped in layers of sweet honey.

However, anyone with eyes could also see that Scarlet was someone who didn't let people in that easily and she kept to herself for the most part.

But when you ruffled her feathers the right way she could speak her mind. And I did just that in the car earlier.

Earlier, in the classroom, I was a little unsure about her feelings towards me. But when she lied straight to my face, blaming me for our almost-kiss, I was more certain than ever.

Scarlet Rose wanted me.

She removed any doubts I had before, making me all the more determined.

Scarlet would have had anyone convinced with her words, but I saw the way she looked at me in the car and I knew she craved something more. She was just us too much in denial with herself.

I just needed her to want me enough, just enough to get her in bed with me.

Granted, I did have a difficult job ahead of me, judging from her hard and stubborn exterior. However, it was doable and nothing would stand in my way.

In fact, her defiance made me even more hell bent on charming my way into her pants. I kind of liked the cat and mouse chase we had going on. It was hot.

I was sitting at a street light on my way home when an unfamiliar ringing echoed through the car. I angled my head towards the sound, trying to find its source. Soon after I noticed the flashing light coming from a device, lying face up on the floor of the passenger side.

The name that popped up was 'Lia' and I knew who she was because half the school population had fucked her.

"Hey Lia." I greeted after pressing the answer button and placing the phone to my ear.

There was radio silence on the other end for a few seconds before she finally replied.

"Who is this?" Her tone was laced with suspicion and wonder.

"The name's Knight...Phoenix Knight." I said mockingly.

"Why do you have Scarlet's phone? What have you done with her? I swear to God Phoenix, I will chop off your balls and shove them up your as-" she yelled through the phone.