Chapter Thirty-Two

"With all my heart, I love you baby." -Sweet Love by Anita Baker

Phoenix's POV

You know in those movies when a little kid does something bad and he feels this incessant need to confess to his parents? But he's scared of how they'll react?

The audience sees him practise his apology speech over and over. But when the time finally comes for him to tell the truth, somehow everything he rehearsed goes down the drain and his entire body seizes up.

So he goes back to square one but ends up being met with the same fate.

Well, I was that little kid. And I had done something bad. Really bad. Not only did I need to apologize for it but I needed to confess the irrefutable fact that I was profoundly in love with a woman who was carefully designed and made perfect by the hand of God.

It may have taken me a while to admit it but somehow I knew it from the moment I saw her in that red dress. She was everything I needed and I sure as hell wasn't going to ever let her go.

I drove to her house five times during those three days but could never find the courage to get out of the car or find the right words to say. I still hadn't found the words but then I thought to myself-

Will I ever?

So instead of doing the impossible, I decided on doing the best I could. And tonight would have been the night that I finally told her even if she didn't feel the same yet.

For her, I could wait for an eternity.

"Are you going to tell me where we're going or are you just gonna stay in your head for the whole night?" she pulled me from my thoughts.

"You'll find out soon enough."

"Is there ever a day that passes without you being so cryptic all the time?"

"You know you love it?" I teased.

"Fuck off." she grumbled turning her attention to the road.

"I promise you'll like it," I placed my hand on her exposed leg that peaked through the slit of the dress. I took my gaze off the road for a moment to see her reaction and was greeted with that cute smirk she always did whenever she blushed.

In response, she adjusted the sleeve of her dress nervously. By the way, that dress complimented her body too fucking well. I could not tell you how many times I'd imagined her tits in my mouth from the moment she stepped into that kitchen.

"Oh wait, I know where we're going," she said in realization, with no intention of removing my hand. I smiled at the fact.

"If we're going to the lake why are we all dressed up?" she asked.

"You keep asking these questions as if I will actually answer to them."

"You know your assholery surpasses my expectations every single time?" she twisted in her seat to feign her anger but she still didn't remove my hand.

"Ah c'mon Red," I laughed, "do I have to make you orgasm again for you to actually be nice to me?"

"Oh my God, I actually hate you!" she laughed so hard this time that she began squeaking and not much sound came out.

God, I love her.

Scarlet's POV

He parked the car and then came around to open my door.

"Wow, you're actually a gentleman," I said sarcastically, placing my palm in his and exiting the vehicle.

As soon as the door slammed, he gently pushed me against the car and caged me in with his arms. "You won't be saying that later," he responded, lazily drawing circles on my thighs through the slit in my dress. He slowly brought his hands up to my center, playing with the seams of my underwear. I fought to keep the moan trapped in my throat. But it crept out when he left a long wet kiss on my neck.