The diddlybops

The bell rang for class to end and everyone grabbed their stuff. We all got up but then Sikowitz spoke up.

"Alright uh, nice work everyone. Wait, Tori, Andre, Beck, Jade, Cat, Savannah, and Robbie. Stay for a moment" He says. I raise an eyebrow and we take a seat.

"Umm, why do you have a woman's purse?" Tori asks.

"I don't have a- good gondy where did this come from?" He says. "And where's my dozen bagels?"

"Can I leave?" Jade asks.

"Wait.....how would you teenagers like to do something for money?" Sikowitz says. We all look at each other.

"Can we have some details first?" I ask.

"Well I assume you're all familiar with Kevin Chase"

"The guy who owns like half the hotels in Vegas" Beck says.

"Im telling the story!" Sikowitz yells. Beck rises his hands up in surrender.

"Sorry"

"Kevin, was my roommate in college, and now he's extremely wealthy and his little boy is turning four years old this week. The big 04"

"What do you want man?" Rex asks.

"Kevin hired the waggafuffles-"cat gasps. "To preform a song at his birthday party"

"Oh I love the waggafuffles!"Cat says. "Wagga wagga waggafuffle left and right, Wagga Wagga Wagga ruffle day and night-"

"Shut up!" Rex tells the girl. Everyone turns to look at me and I just shrug my shoulders.

"Rex told me to shut up!" Cat tells Sikowitz.

"Yes, thank you, Rex!"

Cat gasps. We all chuckle.

"I'll give you Becks dollar to get to the point" Jade says handing Sikowitz a paper bill. Beck furrows his eyebrows.

"I couldn't possibly take your money" Sikowitz says while snatching it from her hands. "Apparently the waggafuffles private jet crashed" he laughs. Once he sees our blank faces he stops. "And Sonia Kevin needs a new musical group to preform at his sons birthday party"

"So you want us to form a kitty musical group?" Robbie asks.

"For just one performance"

"No" Jade says and we all begin to leave.

"He'll pay you a thousand dollars"

"A thousand?" Tori asks.

"Shall I tell my friend you're all in?" He asks.

"Uh, where would we do this?" Andre asks.

"I'll set up the party here at school, in the black box theatre. You can preform on stage after the kids have their cake and ice cream it'll be fantastic-" Sikowitz gets cut off by a woman walking through the door.

"There you are!" The woman says.

"Ahh! My bagels!" He says handing the woman her purse. "Sorry about the mix up there"

"Pull you head out of your pants" She spits. I chuckle from the side. It's things like this that make me wonder what he does in his spare time.

"Bye mom!"

"That was your mom?" Tori asks.

"No......" he leans against the whiteboard. We all give each other looks and leave.

——————

And now here we are. Everyone was chilling at Tori's house trying to come up with song ideas. Rob had his guitar, Cat had a stuffed bunny, and Jade was.....cutting Tori's flowers with her scissors. I was sat beside Andre on the piano. Tori walked over and handed us some Lemonade. I thank her and take a sip.