Tori Gets stuck

Everything hurt.

That's the first thing I noticed. My breathing was shorter than usual and every time I inhaled a sharp sting emitted in the depths of my chest. I could hear the faint sound of beeping. I tried to open my eyes but they felt too heavy. I tried again and managed to peel them open slightly. They completely snapped open when I realized I was in a hospital. I looked down and I was covered in bandages and my leg was wrapped in a cast. I felt my stomach dropped and tears began to well up in my eyes and my breathing picked up— as painful as it was. The heart monitor on my left began to speed up and I began to panic. I couldn't remember anything. Before my mind could start to muster up any information on how I ended up in the hospital, a nurse came rushing in with a clipboard.

"Hey, hey, it's okay miss. You're okay. Just calm down" She tries to calm me down. I try. I try and take deep breaths but I didn't feel it work. Finally I spoke.

"What Happened?" It came out like a croak and my voice was so hoarse, I almost didn't recognize it. The nurse looked at me with a sympathetic smile.

"Everything is going to be okay miss. Do you remember anything? Anything at all?" She asks. I wanted to loose my temper but I remained Stoic. Of course I don't know what happened that's why I fucking asked!

"No....I-I don't....I—" I tried to pull anything from the back of my mind. The nurse writes some stuff onto her clipboard.

"Miss, Valentine. Correct?" She asks.

"Yes" I reply. She nods and sets her clipboard down.

"You were in a car accident"

What?

————

Third POV (at school):

"Let's duscuss acting!" Sikowitz gasps and sets his coconut down. The class look at him with their usual confused expression for their crazed teacher.

"What about acting?" Andre asks.

"Oh, yes! Any questions?" He asks. Everyone shakes their heads confused.

"One time, my brother painted part of his body purple" Cat speaks up from the silence.

"Well, why did your brother paint part of his body purple?" Robbie asks.

"He had a job interview. He didn't get it" She smiles as everyone frowns at the red heads interesting sibling. As everyone nods, still confused, the bell rings and they all pick up their bags.

Beck ripped his phone out of his pocket to check for any notifications from his girlfriend. He's been stressing all morning. She hasn't showed up yet, and the last time she spoke to him she was on her way to the school. He didn't have a good feeling about this. With an angry/ stressed sigh he ran his hand through his hair and put his phone in his pocket. He didn't want to think the worst. Maybe, she got stopped by the cops for speeding. Or got sick and went back home. Still, she would still text him something sarcastic to keep him from worrying all day.

"Wait, wait, wait!" Sikowitz interrupts his class from leaving quite yet. "Would anyone be interested in seeing the cast for a little play called "Steamboat Suzy"?" the class collective nod excited.

"I got the lead, right?" Jade asks stepping forward.

"Pardon?" Sikowitz asks, kinda scared.

"I'm playing Suzy, right?" She asks again. Sikowitz fiddles with the cast list in his hands awkwardly. He opens his mouth to say something, but then he runs out of the classroom scared. Dropping the list on the floor in the process. Jade frowns and walk up to pick up the cast list.