2: Anonymous gift

At night, Darshan goes to his room and gently caresses his daughter's head. Divya is sleeping peacefully and which makes him smile. Darshan switches off the lights of the room goes to his balcony. He looks aimlessly outside. His eyes are emotionless, maybe he wants to say something which is suppressed in his heart for a long time. He takes out his phone and is about to call someone but he is hesitant. Then he opens the messenger app in his phone and types 'where are you?' but quickly deleted it.
Later he calls Siddharth, who is his closest friend.

"Hello Siddharth"

"Yeah Darshan, I'm on my way. Don't worry"

"How did you know I wanted you to come over to my place??"

"Now just shut up..ok? And listen don't do anything. Just sit quietly..."

There was complete silence and no one spoke, until Sidharth Sidharth says "Ok Darshan I'm coming...bye" and hangs up the call.

After the conversation Darshan continues to look outside. He sees a boy, maybe a little older that than his daughter, walking on the pavement with his parents. Darshan smiles and lets out a deep sigh. He slowly whispers "happy family".

Darshan hears the door bell ring. He opens the door to find Siddharth standing. Siddharth hugs Darshan and says in a consoling voice,"It's okay. I know what you're feeling. Don't worry bro, I'm with you. Divya is here you'll have to be there for her, right?"

Darshan, in a state of saying anything, nods his head indicating that he has be there for his daughter.

Siddharth hands him a glass of water and Darshan gulps the water in one go. He looks at the clock, it is 12 at midnight. Siddharth pats Darshan's shoulder in a way to console him.

Then the door bell rings again. Darshan announces "I'm going" and hurriedly opened the door. He sees a courier service boy waiting with a bouquet.
"Hello sir our service received a call and I was supposed to deliver this to your address."
Darshan takes the bouquet and murmurs a "thank you" in a very soft voice.

Darshan goes inside, his knees give up and he sits down on the floor. He sees a note in the bouquet of pink roses. He opens the note and reads 'Stay strong Gabbu. I'm with you always. Don't cry please'. Tears start rolling down his cheeks and he keeps looking at the bouquet and the note with wet eyes.
"Why Siddharth? Why? This is the third year I'm getting this.....but why can't I find her? Why do I get this anonymous bouquet every year on this day. It's not possible for me to stay strong without...", Darshan finds it difficult to say further. He cries louder and louder while holding the bouquet and the note close to his heart.
Siddharth tries to console him, but at the back of his mind he knows it is not possible to console Darshan on this day.

Divya who was alone in Darshan's room wakes, she is shocked as she could not see her father beside her. She slowly walks outside the room with small steps. As soon as she steps outside she sees her father crying and her Siddharth uncle trying to console him.

"Papa!", Divya runs and hugs his father.
"Papa why are you crying? Did you lose your favourite toy? Did someone take your toy? Papa...papa don't cry please.. I'll fight with the bad boy who took away your toy. I'll do dishoom dishoom and bring your toy....don't cry papa, please!"

Hearing that Darshan smiles faintly and kisses his daughter's forehead. He hugs her again and says "my angel. I love you."
__________________________________

Hello readers! What you think why did Darshan cry after receiving that anonymous gift? Who had sent that?
Well, for that you'll have to read the book.
Tell me what you guys felt about this chapter. Also please vote and comment. Waiting for your feedback. I'll update the next chapter very soon. Stay tuned!
Spread love💙