20: Punishment?

"Good morning papa"
Divya's cheerful voice draws Darshan's attention while he is busy with his phone.

"Good morning Divya"

"You know papa, today when I woke up, I saw mumma in your room here. She said that her work was over", Divya joyfully says.

Darshan has a cute smile on his face, "Really?"

"Yes...and she told me.. that she will play hide and seek with us. And we will play together. Dada and Siddharth uncle can also join us..it will be fun. I we will run in the park and we will be fit and fine"
And both Divya and Darshan giggle after that.

"But papa..I want to scold someone. I want to punish someone", Divya says crossing her arms and stands there with a serious face.

"Who will you punish? Did you fight with someone in school?"

"No... not in school"

"Then?"

"I want to punish the person who gave mumma so much work...so much work that she could not come home."

Darshan immediately remembers that he had lied to Divya about Diksha's whereabouts. He told her that Diksha was busy with her work, so she could not stay with them. He did not want lie to his daughter. But on the other hand, he didn't want things to get awkward between Divya and Diksha. He had assumed that if both of them met each other in the future, then there would be an awkward situation if Divya asked Diksha who she was. So to avoid that kind of situation, Darshan told her that Diksha was busy with her work. He had even showed Diksha's pictures to Divya. After all it was extremely important for Divya to know about her mother.

"umm...Divya I don't think it is necessary to punish...."
Darshan does not know how to react at that point.

Moreover, who would Divya punish? Maybe destiny?
Because afterall it is destiny's game to separate Darshan and Diksha....

~

Darshan is not at home because he had to leave for an important recording. Divya went to the park with Reena kaki.
Only Siddharth, Darshan's father and Diksha are at home.
The three of them were discussing about a few things when Siddharth finally asks something that changed the whole conversation into a serious discussion.
"Diksha, tell us one thing....where did you disappear in these three years? I mean as far as I know Darshan and you didn't have a fight..so what happened?"

Diksha remains quiet for sometime and then she replies,"Siddharth do you still watch those cliche movies where the heroine leaves just because she has had a fight with the hero? Grow up Sid... we're not in college now"

"Diksha I'm not joking...infact even uncle wants to know about this"
Siddharth said while looking at Darshan's father, who was sitting quietly till then.

"Child, afterall we are your family. We all gave Darshan and you the time to solve your problems. But till now both of you didn't even speak a word about this. How long will this continue dear?"
Darshan's father politely speaks.

"Papa... trust me I want to tell you all the reason.... why I left this house all of a sudden...but it's just that..."
Siddharth interrupts her and tells, "We won't judge you Diksha. Don't hesitate and please tell us what happened"

Diksha takes a deep breath and finally said, "So...that day was a Sunday when I had left the house. Darshan was sleeping beside Divya. I wrote a letter...and... probably you all must have read that....."
Siddharth and Darshan's father nods and she continues, "Divya was just one year old then. Both Darshan and I were busy with our careers. And both of us were struggling to establish ourselves in our professional lives. Darshan's song Tera Zikr had released a year back, and he was knowing what success actually felt like..and I was the happiest for him. Then after a few days, I realised that I couldn't concentrate on anything. I started doubting myself, and I questioned myself what I was doing in my life..because at that point of time I was neither successful professionally nor was I able to handle the one year old Divya. I was stressed as hell....I was scared that I won't be able to handle....Sometimes I used to wake up at night, panicking, sweating and what not! But Darshan did not know all this. Then after a few days, I contacted a friend of mine, Smriti Patel- who is actually the sister of my office boss, Ms Shruti Patel. Smriti is a psychiatrist...and she told that I was depressed...severe anxiety and stress had taken control over me. She recommended me to tell Darshan about my situation, so that he could be there with me. But I didn't listen to her. Instead I left the house."

"But why?", Siddharth questioned with a puzzled face.

"Because I feared that Darshan might ignore his professional life while helping me and taking care of me...I know it was Darshan's dream to become a successful and singer. When his dream was coming true, I didn't want to become an obstacle", Diksha sighs, "I know Darshan very well...if I tell him that I was am not well, even if it's a just a minor cut in my finger..he will leave everything and come....to take care of me. That's the reason why I didn't tell him that I was suffering from acute anxiety. I'm sure he would have left his whole career just to take care of me..and I didn't want that.....but later I realised that I shouldn't have left him like that..because none of us were happy that way. But when I realised my mistakes, it was too late...."

Diksha told them why she had left all of a sudden. And by the end of that she ended up crying.
Darshan's father and Siddharth, both were speechless after hearing everything. Both of them gave her a group hug and consoled her.

And finally Siddharth speaks up, "I'm sure Darshan will understand you. But please tell him everything before things get worse"

🤭Will this be Darshan's reaction after hearing all this??______________________________________

______________________________________

Hii readers, how are you all?

Finally I revealed the reason...

But why did Diksha not return after realising her mistakes?

Tell me in the comments. I would be waiting for your replies.
Don't forget to vote and comment.
Spread love 💙