6: I miss you

[This chapter contains death of a character. I didn't want to write about the death all of a sudden and give a shock. So I thought of informing my readers earlier]

Darshan takes a key from his cupboard and opens the door of a room which is adjacent to his bedroom. He takes a deep breath and looked inside. The room has dim lights, but it is not untidy. Everything of the room is kept in proper position, even though the room is not used frequently. With misty eyes Darshan scans every corner of the room. As if each corner of the room has some special memories attached.

Moonlight is peeping in the room through the half open windows. The dim lights of the room are making some patterns on the floor. Darshan looks around. Sweet and sad memories fill his mind. The emotions which were bottled up in Darshan's heart wants to come out- and yes it truly comes out in the form of tears. He sits on the floor and tears start rolling down his cheeks. He looks at a big photo frame on the wall- it is a picture where he is hugging a lady. That picture is an evidence of the fact, that he loves that lady a lot. And he did not want to lose her. He wanted to protect her and be with her as her backbone. But the reality is harsh. Destiny betrayed him and he lost his most favourite person- he lost his mother.

«Four years ago»
Darshan is very busy with his shoot of his new music video Tera Zikr. He did not even speak to his family members. Hardil and Jugyal are present in the shoot location, and they witness him working day and night to shoot a perfect music video. But his mother missed him a lot. She called him once, "Darshan are you free? There are lots of things, I need to tell you"
But he replies, "mom, actually I'm very busy now. I promise I'll call you after the shoot is over. Only two days are left, mom this song is going to be really special. Honestly I'm very excited!"
His mom understands how excited he is. So she did not call him for the next two days. Though she missed her son, she was happy because he was working hard for his next project.
"And it's a wrap up guys. Darshan you did an excellent job", the director told them.

Darshan happily thinks,'Now I'll call mom. I tried calling her several times but her phone is switched off. Strange! I called dad's number, even he's not answering. Now this is scaring me. I called Siddharth to find out if he knows anything.'

He calls Siddharth.

"Yaa...yes Siddharth why are mom and dad not answering my calls? I didn't call them for two days, so are they angry? You're with them....did they tell you anything?"

"Umm...Darshan......listen come... to Ahmedabad now...ok? I've informed Jugyal and Hardil,... they will come with you.....ok?"

"Siddharth is everything fine? Can you call mom now... I need to speak to her...please"

"Darshan come to Ahmedabad.. I'll tell you everything"
Then he disconnected the call.

Darshan immediately calls Hardil and Jugyal and asks them what happened. They told me the same thing to get ready and go to Ahmedabad with them.

The whole way from Mumbai to Ahmedabad, Darshan didn't utter a word. He was tensed, scared and worried about his family.
After returning home in Ahmedabad, he got the biggest shock of his life. He heard that his mother got a heart attack and she left this world. Life did not give her the chance to speak to her son for the last time.

"There are lots of things, I need to tell you" those words where echoing in Darshan's mind.
He wasn't ready to accept that harsh reality. He was shattered and did not have the strength to get back to his normal life. Because he couldn't imagine to live without his mom. His 'maa' was no more. But somehow his father and his friends convinced him to release his songs, and then music became his companion.

"Mom"
Darshan says in a broken voice,
"Mom it has been four years now that you've left us. But still I cannot process this huge loss. I know I should move on..I tried mom but I can't. I know I should not give up...I know I have to be there for Divya.....I...I just don't know what to do. I can't handle things now. Whenever I sing Tera Zikr, those memories with you come back. And then suddenly reality hits me and I realise you are not there beside me."

He looks at the picture in the wall and says will a sad expression, "Mom you told me that you wanted to share lots of things with me.. then why did you leave me? I know I didn't speak to you for two days when I was shooting Tera Zikr... I know that is the reason why you were angry. But why did you punish me so badly for that mistake? I miss you mom.....I miss you. I can't take this anymore. I can't stay strong anymore.. I'm tired.... I need you.... Why can't you come back to me? To us?

Darshan keeps on repeating those words and cries louder. Generally he is not someone who cries a lot, but today he could not hold back his tears. He badly needed someone to be there beside him and just tell him 'it's okay..you can cry on my shoulder....I'm with you' .

__________________________________

Hii readers..how are you all after reading this? This was a very emotional chapter.. wasn't it?
Did you all like the chapter? What did you guys feel while reading it? Also who do you think will be there to help Darshan and take him out of this emotional trauma?
Please comment and tell me what you all felt. Also don't forget to vote.
Spread love💙