38: The happy souls

After a heart felt reunion, both Diskha and Darshan are returning back to Hardil's bungalow in Lonavla.

"Darshan did you tell Sid that we will be a little late? They must be wondering where we were all night"

"Relax. I've texted Siddharth. He knows. And they will be very happy that everything is sorted between us" is what he answers.

Darshan was telling a few jokes and both of them were laughing and giggling. They have bright smiles on their faces. When they were enter the bungalow they are surprised to see tensed faces of Hardil and Jugyal. Siddharth is moving in the room and Divya is sitting on the sofa with a frown on her face.

Unaware of the situation, Darshan and Diksha look at each other. Diskha clears her throat to draw everyone's attention.
When everyone saw both of them, they had an angry yet releaved face.

"Where were you both?", asks Jugyal.
"Why were you both not at home?", asks Hardil.
"Where have you been? Where were you both last night?", asks Siddharth in a louder voice.

Diksha whispers in Darshan's ears, "you texted Siddharth, right?"
He nods and replies, "Yeah, I did. But why are they so angry?"

Then Divya jumps from the sofa and comes infront of Diksha. She folds her arms and asks, "yes tell us. Mumma Papa where were you?"

Darshan and Diksha start laughing loudly after hearing their daughter's cute interrogation.
But soon they stop laughing when Siddharth rebukes them, "Do you think it is funny?"

Diksha understood that something was wrong, "Sid what happened? What did we do?....I mean, I understand that we were not at home. But Darshan texted you that we will not be at home."

Siddharth is surprised.
"Darshan texted me? When? Last night I heard you both were shouting, then I saw that you both weren't at home. I asked Jugyal and Hardil, they said that they were unaware of what had happened. Darshan's car was not even here. And now you're coming back after so long. Don't you think we have a valid reason for our anger?"

Hardil further adds, "yaar we were so tensed. It was raining heavily. You guys know that it's not safe to drive here when it rains. We all were so scared for you"

Jugyal then says, "And Darshan, you are telling that you informed Sid?"

Darshan slowly replies "Yeah..I did"
He takes out his phone to show them but suddenly he sees that he had forgot to send the text. He knows he is in great trouble. So he quickly shows Diksha his mobile.

Diskha gives him a death glare and thinks, 'Gabbu are you serious? You typed it and forgot to send it! You're unbelievable'
But she knows she has to something to save him, otherwise he will surely get a bad scolding from everyone. So she tactfully says, "Siddharth..actually you know the network wasn't good. So maybe that is why you didn't receive the text...yeah.."

Jugyal says, "that's a lie. I know Darshan forgets to send the text. Once he had forgotten to send the song draft to me and I had received a full-day scolding from one producer..when it was clearly Darshan's fault."

Siddharth sighs and says, "Grow up Darshan..we were so scared for you both. Do you realise that? And Diksha you could have stopped him from going outside"

Little Divya looks at her parents' face and then at Siddharth, Hardil and Jugyal's faces.
She shouts "Stopppp!"
She comes and hugs Darshan. He lifts her in his arms. And immediately she wraps his arms around Darshan's neck and says "Siddharth uncle, Stop scolding Papa...don't scold him....pleaaseee"

Siddharth smiles at her cute antics and says "Divya this not fair. Weren't angry on him for not staying the whole night at home? And now you've changed to his team?"