14: Too shocked to react

While coming out of the chocolate store, Siddharth finds Darshan hugging Divya on the other side of the road.

He says to himself, 'why doesn't Darshan listen to me? I told him not to get out of the car'.
He carefully goes to the other side of the road and questions Darshan, "what the hell are you doing outside the car? Why don't you listen to me?"

Hearing Siddharth's voice Darshan stands up and protectively holds Divya's hand. Siddharth notices Divya's injured knee and she starts sobbing.
"What happened dear? How did you get hurt?"

Divya manages to say something in between her sobs, "uncle papa was....spe-speaking on...the phone....I ca-came out of....the car....and I was going to go...to the chocolate..."
Darshan stops Divya in between and coldly says, "she was going to go to the other side of the road. And a-" Darshan stops for a moment and continues "a...a car was going to hit....I pulled her...she...hurt..."

Siddharth immediately understood when had happened while he was inside the chocolate store.
"Darshan, Divya..let's get inside the car, let's go home..ok?"
He turns towards Divya and lifts her in his arms and consoles her, "nothing happened dear. You're a brave girl. Stop crying."
He makes Divya sit inside the car. But Darshan was still standing at the same place. As if he was frozen in that position.

'He is scared' will definitely be an understatement to explain Darshan's condition.

Siddharth calls him.
"Darshan come inside the car."
He does not get any response. He speaks a little louder "Darshan let's not create any scene here in public. Just get inside the car. Please Darshan...if the media gets to know about this incident, there will be a huge mess. So please come inside, let's go home."
Still there was no response!

Darshan is too shocked to react. He does not know what is going on around him, he is traumatised after that incident. His biggest fear is to lose Divya, and today he almost faced that.

Seeing Darshan's condition, Siddharth almost drags him inside the car and goes to Darshan's house.

Siddharth opens the door with the spare key and enters the house. He saw Darshan's father sitting on the sofa. As soon as he notices them he greeted all with a smile. But within seconds his smile disappears seeing Darshan's emotionless face and Divya's knee injury.
He immediately runs towards them and asks, "wh-what happened?"
Siddharth replies, "uncle I'll tell you everything. But first let's put some medicine on Divya's knee, otherwise it might get infected."
He further adds, "I'll call Reena kaki and ask her to help Divya."

Soon the house help, Reena kaki, a lady in the mid-fifties comes and tries to take Divya inside the room. But she bursts out into tears.
Darshan's father who is concerned and asks, "what happened child? Is your knee hurting a lot?"
She shakes her head,"no"
"It's..not hurting. But why is papa not talking to me, dada (grandfather)?"

 But why is papa not talking to me, dada (grandfather)?"

__________________________________

Hello everyone! I hope you all are fine.
So, what do you feel about Darshan's condition?
Get ready for the surprises in the coming chapters!!
I will update the next part very soon. Till then stay safe.
Vote
Comment
Spread love💙