31: Walking out

Darshan was slowly going out of Diksha's room with a heavy heart. He knew his relation with Diksha was coming to an end, but his heart just couldn't accept that. That feeling of losing Diksha was the scariest, and in a few days she will no longer be his beloved. After a few days he will just be a stranger in her life. He was lost in his own world, thinking about today's events. He was walking out. Ironically his walking out of the room resembled his walking out of Diksha's life. The tears which he tried to control were threatening to fall now. He heard Diksha call her in an almost inaudible voice "Gabbu"

Hearing that from her, he surely stopped at the door. But his tears betrayed him and soon he was crying. His face was turned away from her. He thought, 'I don't know if you will ever call me Gabbu after we separate. Maybe I will no longer be important...or maybe I am not important to you...anyways'

Diksha could see Darshan trying hard to stop crying when she called her again "Gabbu come, sit here"

Darshan replied with teary eyes, "Why do you want to stop me now? Let me go"

"Darshan, I know we had a heated arguement a few minutes back, and....and we have spoken a lot. I-I respect.....whatever decision we took...I get that...maybe you think our relation is not working out. And I took a decision of leaving.....but before that we need to clear a few things....so can we speak like two adults....please.We have a lot of misunderstandings to clear. Because after this we won't be able to move forward if we don't close the chapter left behind."

"No I don't want to speak. I don't know what I will speak. I don't want to become and speak like an adult."

Diksha thought, 'Who will say that is the same Darshan who is shouting a few minutes back?'

"Diskha just tell me something. Can't we go back to those days during college? Can't we become like that again? I miss those carefree, full-of-life kind of days"

"Things chance with the passage of time, and you cannot do anything about that.We have to accept the reality Gabbu"

"I don't know Diksha...I am a mess right now. I can't handle things anymore. I should leave.....that'll be better. I'll contact my lawyer. I'll go......"
Darshan tried to get up when Diksha held his wrist.

"I think we should clear out our....misunderstandings. I know, it was my mistake..I should have told you a lot of things before taking an impulsive decision. And today we were doing the same mistake. Today I realised that all my life I have taken impulsive decisions, and several times I have faced problems. But just a few minutes back we were again taking an impulsive move....Gabbu I understand, three years is a huge time...but before we take any further decision of separation...we need to clear out our own misunderstandings. There are many things which you need to know. After that we can take a final decision..but let's not do anything without thinking properly....please"

And Diksha was right. It was necessary for Darshan to know the truth and she was prepared to tell him.

Darshan nodded, "tell me what you wanted to say"

"Darshan, three years ago I was suffering from severe anxiety. Our marriage and Divya's adoption was our decision and I was happy with that. Everything was going well, but six months after adopting Divya, I was unable to manage my work and my personal life. Initially I let go those things, but soon I realised that I was losing interest and I was having frequent mood swings. And I couldn't tell you because I thought that it would affect your career. At that point of time you were working hard to be successful musician. And slowly you were getting successful, and your dream was coming true. Your career was just beginning and I did not want to end that just because of me.I did want you to be troubled for me, I really did not want you to look after me all day and ignore your new found success. So...I left everything and went away from here."

Darshan was shocked to hear all this. But he composed himself and asked, "But Diksha...three years? What where you doing? You could have atleast contacted me once."

"Darshan before leaving I was in constant touch with my psychiatrist Ms Smriti Patel, who lives in New York. I told her everything and she allowed me to stay in her apartment in New York. Her sister Ms Shruti Patel is the head of the office where I work as a designer. In New York, the Patel sisters told me to engage myself in work, so that I could slowly came out of my anxiety after a year. Since then I have been working as a lead designer in S.N.P Fashion Enterprise. But then I started missing you and Divya. I realised that although I was happy, there was still something missing in my life......I missed you Gabbu....", Diksha said in a soft voice, her eyes were moist.

"Then why didn't you contact me? Do you really think I would hold my grudges even if you contacted me after months?"
Darshan asked hurriedly.

"No Darshan. I knew, I always knew that you would accept me...but I when I wanted to contact you it was too late"

"Why? Why was it late?"

"Darshan it had already taken one year for me to realise that leaving you was my biggest mistake.....and in that one year I was completely unaware of what was happening. During that whole year I just concentrated on my work because that was the only way for me to keep myself distracted and feel relaxed. After one year, I saw a magazine where your picture was printed. I read the whole article, which spoke about your achievements in your career as a singer. I understood that in that one year Darshan Raval has become a big name and you were at the peak of your career. I thought that if I would go back to your life then probably the media and people would consider that I wanted to experience your popularity and fame,so I came back to your life. I feared that people would say that I wanted to come in the limelight and return back in your life just because you became very famous, and I wanted to enjoy your fame. I did not want you to involve yourself in these types of controversial topics, because that would probably harm your image. I did not want you to fall in trouble because of me, so I chose to maintain a distance from you....that's it"
Darshan's eyes were moist and he was looking at the ground the whole time. After a long pause Diksha held Darshan's hand tightly and said, "I can never fall out of your love. Never. I just did not want you to fall in trouble because of me. Don't misunderstand me please. My love for you and Divya with remain the same, it will never change.....times change, situations change, but my love for you both will not change.......trust me..I still have the same feelings for you"
____________________________________

Finally Diksha told the truth to Darshan. What will be his reaction? And what do you think about Diskha's confession? Do tell me in the comments.

And if this boy keeps posting pictures like this, then how can we stop calling him cute??

Also I have started writing writing a book called 'A FAINT LINE'. Do check out the book.

Vote and comment
Spread love💙